Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Dinner--or Dessert--Tonight

Started by mamselle, June 03, 2019, 09:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puget

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on June 17, 2020, 06:27:16 PM
You know, I have never had rhubarb...
You poor, poor thing. You don't know what you're missing.

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on June 17, 2020, 06:27:16 PM
I would put blueberries up there.
It was a list only of wild berries that grow in my natal lands of the pacific northwest. Blueberries are certainly grown there, but they aren't wild. Huckleberries are essentially wild blueberries.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

monarda

We tried making chicken tikka masala today. Boy did it turn out well.
We used the butter chicken recipe as a base, substituted tikka masala spice mix (myspicesage.com) and put in rotisserie chicken.
Super fast and super good

paultuttle

Spicy meatloaf with rice.

MMMmmmmm.

ab_grp

Lots of yummy meals. I don't really care for desserts but could go for a strawberry glaze pie or strawberry rhubarb pie right now.  And another take on tikka masala, and meatloaf, which I have not had in way too long.  Paultuttle, do you put anything on top of it to bake or after? I know there are many different preferences.  Mine have changed over the years.

We made a pasta that I may have mentioned before, with broccoli rabe, hot Italian sausage, garlic, marinara.  It is good.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Main course = Beef Stroganoff (kinda) with peas

Beverage = H2O

Dessert = the last of the weird apple turnover tart thing (but it was good)

You all have inspired me to suggest that we have a curry. It has been a few months since I last had one. :(

Maybe I'll look for some rhubarb too!

apl68

Rice cooked with onion with Thai chili or Bang-Bang sauce, green salad or maybe applesauce.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

Vkw10

Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

ab_grp

Quote from: Vkw10 on June 18, 2020, 04:04:14 PM
Chicken bog, sliced tomatoes, butter beans, peaches, and strawberries

https://discoversouthcarolina.com/articles/a-taste-of-south-carolina-just-what-is-chicken-bog

Thanks for the link.  I had never heard of bog!

We will likely have leftover steak with the roasted cherry tomatoes and potatoes, plus some air-fried brussels sprouts with balsamic dijon sauce.  We also have one cooked piece of corn left to split for elote!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Main Course = TVP black bean burritos, romaine, cheese, hot sauce, peppers.

Beverage = A Coke.

Dessert = Chocolate chip cookies that the SO made today.

Economizer

Dined out at trendy and cool and new pizza place near campus. I,  personally, did not fit in due to aforementioned reasons. Enjoyed 2 relatively inexpensive, single piece pizza selections. There were a good number of non-pizza, reasonably priced Italian type meals on the menu as well. I kinda schlepped out of there before the in crowd descended on the joint. It was a great "single's" dining experience!
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

hmaria1609

Home BBQ for dinner--chicken, sausage, and corn on the cob

sinenomine

Just tried kohlrabi for the first time — cooked in the air fryer with spices. Very yummy; I'm a convert!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

apl68

Leftover roast and potatoes and a salad.
All we like sheep have gone astray
We have each turned to his own way
And the Lord has laid upon him the guilt of us all

Economizer

Half Baked Chicken

Rebaked .25  of .50 store bought, but fresh,  baked chicken, drenched in BBQ sauce
1.25 serving leftover canned pork & beans, warmed
1 serving leftover sauerkraut, warmed
2  thawed, split, buttered, and toasted yeast dinner roles
1 16 oz. bottle of prebrewed iced tea mix
Lid off 'til lid on orange sherbert
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

OneMoreYear

Take-out from a local restaurant last night: Excellent BBQ charred eggplant sandwich with better than average fries.  Pineapple margarita. Decided against the deep-fried Snickers bar dessert that was on offer for budgetary and caloric reasons.  Probably the right choice, but now I'm craving Snickers bars--maybe Aldi still has Snickers ice-cream.