News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Thanks and more thanks

Started by bibliothecula, June 26, 2019, 10:23:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

And a special thanks for not including a board dedicated to diversity discussions. I don't know if you forgot or intentionally omitted it. But it gives me hope, either way.

polly_mer

Quote from: mahagonny on December 30, 2019, 01:55:03 AM
And a special thanks for not including a board dedicated to diversity discussions. I don't know if you forgot or intentionally omitted it. But it gives me hope, either way.

The CHE diversity board was not active enough to warrant starting with a board here in that area.  If enough threads are started to support a standalone/child board for useful grouping, then such will be done.

Personally, I'd rather have discussions I want to skip clumped together all in one easy-to-ignore board.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mahagonny

Quote from: polly_mer on January 05, 2020, 08:26:41 PM
Quote from: mahagonny on December 30, 2019, 01:55:03 AM

The CHE diversity board was not active enough to warrant starting with a board here in that area.  If enough threads are started to support a standalone/child board for useful grouping, then such will be done.

Personally, I'd rather have discussions I want to skip clumped together all in one easy-to-ignore board.

It's worse than just than something to ignore. It's a
flattering representation of higher education's values.

dismalist

Yes, amazing work renewing the board! I very much appreciate it.

I've been off the board for a long while, but then started messing with registration and such. Figured it out, sorta', and am glad to be back.

Cheers to all.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

mamselle

I was happy to see your moniker!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.