News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

Quote from: clean on March 05, 2020, 04:46:40 PM
So are you in an area that would be helped or hurt by dropping oil prices?

Hurt.  Most of our state budget relies on gas and oil income.

I filled up this week at $1.66/gal after all my frequent shopper points were applied.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

clean

I saw $1.78 near my house today.  Each vehicle has 3/4 of a tank, so no need to top off yet.  I should easily have 300 miles between the two, and there is really not many places to go!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

$1.69 at Costco and Sam's Club today.  Nearby stations are $1.75 and up

Thursday's_Child

wellfleet

One of the benefits of age is an enhanced ability not to say every stupid thing that crosses your mind. So there's that.

Parasaurolophus

In USD, $2.97/gal.

I haven't seen it this low in decades. (Not that I'm surprised, given the price of a barrel--frankly, it seems to me it should be even cheaper!)
I know it's a genus.

AmLitHist

$1.56 a gallon here--much lower than across the river in Work State, where it's usually at least 10, sometimes 20 cents a gallon cheaper.  Happily, I haven't had to drive to work since March 10, but it's still nice to see gas prices so low.

RNE82

In Cleveland, we had stations selling as low as 0.69 cents; others were at 0.89 cents and 0.99 cents.  Overall, in the general Cleveland area, they seem to be ranging from around $1.15 to $1.60.

clean

I certainly have not been out much. On Thursday and Friday, I did have to venture out. It looks like gas is in the $1.65 neighborhood.
Is is too soon to see price drops after the oil price issues?

Parasaurolophus

In USD, ~$2.40/gal. I haven't seen it so low since I was tween, and it should be about ten to twenty cents a litre more expensive here than outside the city.
I know it's a genus.

Anselm

$1.49 per gallon yesterday for unleaded gasohol.   Now this is like something out of a dystopian novel.  With cheap fuel and a strong dollar it is a great time to take a trip except for the fact we can't go anywhere.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

evil_physics_witchcraft

I ventured out today and took some of the animals on a car ride. Gas by the pricier Kroger was at $1.72/gallon.

clean

I filled up today at $1.66.

It was my first fill up in six weeks!  (today is May 1, and my last fill up was March 16).

My gas mileage fell, though. I guess that Im evaporating more from my 20 year old car than usual, or Im not going on long enough trips.  My mileage fell to 14.5 MPG or so when it is usually over 17 mpg.

hmaria1609

Gas price has stayed at $1.69 at Costco.

clean

steady at $1.66 for 2 weeks!

With all of the drama about oil prices over these last 2 weeks, I m surprised that the gasoline price is so stable in my neighborhood.

From what I hear, I guess, the drama seems to be in egg prices.