News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Requests for Old Threads from CHE

Started by polly_mer, June 08, 2019, 11:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

Colleagues,

Does anyone have saved a PDF or HTML copy of the CHE thread on mental illness that may have been started by britmom?  Please PM me and I'll pass it along to the requestor.

Does anyone else have requests for either help finding a thread or getting something transferred over?  We cannot transfer a whole thread here, but we can help start a new thread on a similar topic or possibly wrangle a search engine into finding a CHE thread by crowdsourcing better search terms.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

Liquidambar

Was the CHE thread deleted?  It was on the Health board, but I can't find it there anymore.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

polly_mer

Quote from: Liquidambar on June 08, 2019, 02:50:29 PM
Was the CHE thread deleted?  It was on the Health board, but I can't find it there anymore.

Yes, that was the requester's observation as well.  Hence the hope that someone had a copy.

Juvenal

Maybe there were some other threads removed?  That might explain the vanishment of about a dozen of my posts that took me down from "Distinguished" to just "Senior."  It seems almost too much trouble (and pointless) to CHE-post to retrieve the honor now that the long day's glow is fading fast.
Cranky septuagenarian

polly_mer

I'm certain that other threads have been removed and I've lost more than a handful of posts.  In fact, I revisited a thread just now because a posting from today seemed familiar and the whole second half of that revisited thread is just gone--my posts, the original poster's responses, and contributions from various others.

paddington_bear

Can we have "Mid-career" section, with at least the "mid-career job search" thread, on The Fora? If it's here already, can someone point me to it?

polly_mer

Quote from: paddington_bear on June 25, 2019, 06:17:45 PM
Can we have "Mid-career" section, with at least the "mid-career job search" thread, on The Fora? If it's here already, can someone point me to it?

The CHE "Mid-career" section only had about 30 threads in the past year, which means it's in the wait-and-see-what-takes-off category.

I have started a mid-career job search thread at https://thefora.org/index.php?topic=219.

Ancient Fellow

polly_mer

Quote from: Ancient Fellow on June 27, 2019, 05:32:00 AM
Can you import 'Stupid CV tricks?'

Unfortunately, no.  We can link to it or restart it, but we're not wholesale importing threads here.  I recommend you save a copy for yourself using the print thread function on the CHE fora (top right hand side of the relevant thread).

Edit to add: I have started a Smart CV Construction thread at https://thefora.org/index.php?topic=227.0 where we can do better than a thread that starts negative and is more than 10 years old.

Conjugate

I have a PDF of "Jedi Mind Tricks," but I suppose we could just start our own new thread on that here, and get more updated tricks.

And perhaps lots of replies disappeared if people deleted their own old posts or threads from fears of being outed? I recall a few folks on FB were uneasy about permanent archiving of the fora (though I don't know why).  It doesn't seem to have affected me much.
∀ε>0∃δ>0∋|x–a|<δ⇒|ƒ(x)-ƒ(a)|<ε

polly_mer

Quote from: Conjugate on June 27, 2019, 08:16:33 AM
I have a PDF of "Jedi Mind Tricks," but I suppose we could just start our own new thread on that here, and get more updated tricks.

We're already rolling with https://thefora.org/index.php?topic=10.msg108.