Quote from: smallcleanrat on July 07, 2020, 12:50:11 PM
Quote from: mamselle on July 07, 2020, 12:39:38 PM
Nesting.

He's a she.

Kittens coming soon...

(just kidding...)

M.

Perhaps he's planning to adopt.

When my parents were newly married, they had a female cat (adopted from a shelter) and a male cat ("gifted" by a relative because he tended to mark his territory in the house). Then they found a tiny kitten in the street as they were coming home from a party. My dad put the kitten in his shirt pocket and brought her home.   Their female cat looked over the kitten, then walked away as if to say "you're on your own, kid."  Their male cat decided that the tiny fluffball was his kitten.   He bathed her, slept curled around her, and attempted to nurse her (BigGuy was a lover, but not too bright). They remained good friends until BigGuy died too young of kidney problems.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Interesting.

Nah, Elder Evil cat is kind of a butthead when it comes to the other cats. He has really upped his domination game when he gives them 'the forehead.' He has a certain stance where it almost seems as if he's looking down his nose at the other cats. I think he tries to elevate his back end a little too. After he poses, then he strikes. We had a fur-flying episode last week. :(

Soooo, I don't see him adopting anything really, well, except me. He hates everyone else. He tolerates the SO. When SO moved in, Elder Evil cat started shitting in the bathtub, which he doesn't do now for some miraculous reason (wasn't health-related).

the_geneticist

Sounds like the battle cry of the triumphant hunter!  Buddycat used to "sing" to his favorite toys & carry them around.  Effie has a particular crooning song he sings while bringing us a particular toy.  He drops it near our feet, looks a bit confused, and walks away.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: the_geneticist on July 08, 2020, 11:44:04 AM
Sounds like the battle cry of the triumphant hunter!  Buddycat used to "sing" to his favorite toys & carry them around.  Effie has a particular crooning song he sings while bringing us a particular toy.  He drops it near our feet, looks a bit confused, and walks away.

Cute. He has been known to carry some of his toys upstairs, while 'singing.'

Oh, and Youngest Evil cat likes to eat romaine!

smallcleanrat

So I know a lot of people have experienced phantom cell phone sensations, but are there similar phantom kitty sensations?

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: smallcleanrat on July 08, 2020, 08:10:11 PM
So I know a lot of people have experienced phantom cell phone sensations, but I
are there similar phantom kitty sensations?

Anything's possible.

mamselle

For a creature that can levitate itself twenty times its height to the top of a refrigerator, when its wants to, all bets are off.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: mamselle on July 08, 2020, 11:37:24 PM
For a creature that can levitate itself twenty times its height to the top of a refrigerator, when its wants to, all bets are off.

M.

Hilarious... and true!

smallcleanrat

Hmm...

I was just wondering if anyone else feels the cat rubbing against their leg or the feel of fur and whiskers against your hand or the weight of the cat climbing on you in bed...only to find the cat is in another room entirely.

mamselle

Aww...that's just phantom kitty love.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

the_geneticist

And they can be surprisingly quick.  I often say "How many Sir Puck's do we have?".  He will look like he's sound asleep on the couch, but then I'll walk into the bathroom and he's up on the counter sniffing out the window, then I'll walk into the living room and he's perched on his favorite table.  I don't see him moving at all.  It's like he can teleport!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: the_geneticist on July 09, 2020, 11:06:24 AM
And they can be surprisingly quick.  I often say "How many Sir Puck's do we have?".  He will look like he's sound asleep on the couch, but then I'll walk into the bathroom and he's up on the counter sniffing out the window, then I'll walk into the living room and he's perched on his favorite table.  I don't see him moving at all.  It's like he can teleport!

Cats have mastered the infinite nuances of quantum mechanics.

OneMoreYear

Quote from: the_geneticist on July 09, 2020, 11:06:24 AM

Funny, a much more common phrase around here is "Have you seen the cat?" Ricochet is a master is camouflage. I can't count the number of times that I unsuccessfully search the (small) house for her and give up, only to have her wander out of the room I was just searching. Maybe she is teleporting into another dimension?

smallcleanrat

Their silent swiftness is quite impressive.

SO bought a collar with a small bell on it for the Maestro, so we would have an easier time locating him (and avoiding tripping over him when he unexpectedly darts in our way).

One day I hear a startled yelp from the next room followed by "Where did you come from?!?" Maestro had figured out how to stalk SO without a single jingle of the bell.