News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What Do You Fix?

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, July 16, 2020, 10:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Saturday I assembled a flat-pack bookcase, my previous six self-assembly bookcases having come close to capacity.  It took me and my ten thumbs about an hour and a half.  I seem to have to add a new one about every four or five years.

The biggest flat-pack item I've ever helped to assemble was when I once assisted a friend in putting together a large home desk assembly.  It took the two of us a couple of hours.  He said of the new do-it-yourself furniture "It's amazing what they can do with just sawdust and glue."
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

fishbrains

I fixed the droopy front end of my car with zip ties. Looks good. We'll see if it lasts.

Having a 15-year-old car pushes one to do self-repair when possible. To have a pro do it probably would have cost more than the car is worth.

For my next stunt: An oil change.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

apl68

Quote from: fishbrains on April 17, 2024, 08:10:24 AMI fixed the droopy front end of my car with zip ties. Looks good. We'll see if it lasts.

Having a 15-year-old car pushes one to do self-repair when possible. To have a pro do it probably would have cost more than the car is worth.

For my next stunt: An oil change.

Motorcycle riders traditionally use hose clamps for improvised repairs.  I've seen my dad do that.  They're pretty strong if you cinch them right.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.