Author Topic: Preparing for Coronavirus?  (Read 46519 times)

AvidReader

Re: Preparing for Coronavirus?
« Reply #840 on: November 21, 2020, 05:11:20 AM »
Speaking of loss leaders, my grocery store is giving out a free turkey with every flu shot this week.

AR.

AmLitHist

« Reply #841 on: November 21, 2020, 08:11:14 AM »
I was thinking of getting some post-Thanksgiving turkeys, too--and then donating them either to the senior citizens group in town (they usually do a turkey dinner---maybe they're taking it out to shut-ins this year?) or the police department, who gives out boxes of food to particularly needy families at Christmas.

evil_physics_witchcraft

• Distinguished Senior Member
  • Druidic harbinger of Nature's voice.
« Reply #842 on: November 21, 2020, 08:11:26 AM »
I decided to go to the food store early this morning. They opened at 7am and I got there about 5 minutes later. There were still a few early morning shoppers. I was surprised at how many people were there this early in the morning.

Miracle of miracles! I found a small grouping of Lysol wipes. I only use these when I go out, so I just picked up one. I'm not crazy about them since they just create a lot of waste, but they work for now.

evil_physics_witchcraft

• Distinguished Senior Member
  • Druidic harbinger of Nature's voice.
« Reply #843 on: November 21, 2020, 08:12:55 AM »
I was thinking of getting some post-Thanksgiving turkeys, too--and then donating them either to the senior citizens group in town (they usually do a turkey dinner---maybe they're taking it out to shut-ins this year?) or the police department, who gives out boxes of food to particularly needy families at Christmas.

This is a really good idea! There are groups in my area that are donating boxes of free food to families. Just pop the trunk and get a box.