Author Topic: the "things you wish you could say" thread  (Read 55225 times)

mamselle

• Use your wit and intelligence to figure out how to be kinder
  • Distinguished Senior Member
  • Wondering, Wandering Sr. Member
  • CHE Posts: 4,618
Re: the "things you wish you could say" thread
« Reply #780 on: January 12, 2021, 07:07:15 PM »
Open access journal that is sending emails indiscriminately to each and every faculty in each and every institution, do you think anyone is going to take you seriously if your subject line is rife with punctuation errors? Or your sentences sounding like the result of Google translate? Couldn't you at least get rid of the slashes from the following: "Sub/mit Your Pap/ers to International Jou/rnals"? How about getting someone to edit your sentences so that you don't come across as some kind of telemarketing outfit? No reputable journal would include the following: "We also warmly welcome article contributions by this email." "We offer a fast publication service for the submitted manuscripts, which can greatly shorten the duration to transmit author’s achievements among other scholars around the world." This one is even more hilarious" "Open Access (OA) is a practice that provides the no barrier access to the published journal papers. Hereby, all the academic individuals have the ability to view the papers issued in our platform."

Huh.  It seems that at least one of my former Comp students actually did get a job.

;--}

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

fishbrains

« Reply #781 on: January 14, 2021, 04:00:15 PM »
Go away. I don't have the time to consider how to make your death look like an accident.
What do you get from a glut of TV?
A pain in the neck and an IQ of three.

~The Oompa Loompas

science.expat

• CHE Posts: > 6k
« Reply #782 on: January 14, 2021, 08:05:45 PM »
Go away. I don't have the time to consider how to make your death look like an accident.

🙂

evil_physics_witchcraft

• Distinguished Senior Member
  • Druidic harbinger of Nature's voice.
« Reply #783 on: January 16, 2021, 03:52:27 PM »
The election was not 'stolen!'

FishProf

• Haphazard
  • CHE Posts: 3,914
« Reply #784 on: Today at 08:38:09 AM »
Dude!  It's a holiday!  Why are you calling me TODAY?  The semester starts tomorrow in two weeks, so TOMORRROW will be plenty soon enough.  Yes, I am Chair, and yes, whatever this is about is my problem, BUT NOT TODAY!

Also, chance of being rehired next year is not helped by being a noodge.  Just Sayin'.
I don't give grades.  I merely record the consequences of your actions.  Or lack thereof...