Author Topic: Dinner--or Dessert--Tonight  (Read 9619 times)

ab_grp

• CHE Posts: 7,653
Re: Dinner--or Dessert--Tonight
« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2020, 01:12:09 PM »
Currently, I am focusing on more salads, more veg, more plants, etc. You get the drift.

As for the chow mein, maybe it was in disguise... as we know, everything tastes like chicken!

It was incognito.

Maybe it was trying to avoid the social media attention that it had previously received.

And we ended up eating our BBQ chicken and potato salad quota for lunch, so I will have to revise my projections to include the possibility of a veggie burger for dinner.

mamselle

• Use your wit and intelligence to figure out how to be kinder
  • Distinguished Senior Member
  • Wondering, Wandering Sr. Member
  • CHE Posts: 4,618
« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2020, 02:17:36 PM »
In related chicken news, I made chicken curry again, this time adding one of those sauces-in-a-jar to my usual recipe.

Just a bit tooooo spicy, but not bad.

Next time, I'll cut back on the rubbed black pepper, a bit.

Maybe.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

AmLitHist

« Reply #332 on: September 15, 2020, 11:52:48 AM »
Leftover enchiladas from last night.  (Made with ground turkey and corn tortillas--ALHS is still on Weight Watchers, but I've been so stressed I'm eating everything that doesn't eat me first, for the past 5 weeks.)

ab_grp

• CHE Posts: 7,653
« Reply #333 on: September 15, 2020, 12:00:15 PM »
The curry and enchiladas both sound good! I have also used the add jarred stuff approach, and it can save a lot of time and not require having extra ingredients on hand.

We got a bit delayed last night due to some work calls that came up, so we were just going to have veggie burgers as planned, but husband suggested BLTs instead.  Great! Then he put some jalapenos in to roast, and that made me want paninis.  We ended up with a Swiss cheese, tomato, bacon panini and a provolone, bacon, jalapeno panini.  Tomato soup was served on the side, though really in a bowl in the center of the plate.  Tonight will be the BBQ chicken and potato salad again to keep it easy and try to eat earlier.  I think it's been affecting my sleeping.

secundem_artem

• A modest man with much to be modest about.
  • CHE Posts: 2347
« Reply #334 on: September 15, 2020, 07:24:57 PM »
A zucchini, potato, onion & tomato tian and some leftover chicken.  Chocolate pie for puddin'.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances