Author Topic: Herd your cats here  (Read 23333 times)

onehappyunicorn

Re: Herd your cats here
« Reply #555 on: September 16, 2020, 10:55:00 AM »
Our giant kitty Poe got a bit of a respiratory infection with lots of sneezing and runny eyes. He managed to shake it off after a couple of days but poor little Hazel got it much worse, she's been really runny and goopy. If she doesn't look better by the time I get home today I'll have to take some time off tomorrow to take her to the vet. She's got a good amount of snowshoe in her and I think she's just built to suffer respiratory issues more with her muzzle shape.

mamselle

• Use your wit and intelligence to figure out how to be kinder
  • Distinguished Senior Member
  • Wondering, Wandering Sr. Member
  • CHE Posts: 4,618
« Reply #556 on: September 16, 2020, 11:12:50 AM »
Those tiny little passageways are so easily clogged...poor kitties.

Hope they both get better soon.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

• Haphazard
  • CHE Posts: 3,914
« Reply #557 on: September 16, 2020, 01:03:57 PM »
Orestes had a surgical follow-up.  Bit of an infection but a shot of antibiotics should clear it up.  He's not quite romping yet, but he will defend the food now.
I don't give grades.  I merely record the consequences of your actions.  Or lack thereof...

Larimar

« Reply #558 on: September 16, 2020, 02:56:46 PM »
Best wishes for recovery for Poe, Hazel, and Orestes.

brixton

• CHE Posts: 5815
« Reply #559 on: September 16, 2020, 03:36:17 PM »
I just put down a deposit to adopt a kitten from the humane society.   I keep checking my phone for updates, but nothing so far.  So I spend time on Amazon, looking at cat toys, trees and stuff.  It's been so long since I've had a kitten in my life.  Brixton passed away the January before last, and Pi (my little irrational-number of a cat) and I have been hanging.  (My nephew took care of her when I was in China.  He said she was a very lazy old lady.)  So, we are excited to welcome new-cat into the house hold to shake things up a bit.

Updates and names to follow when we meet and he whispers his real name in my ear.  Right now he is called Copycat at the shelter, which is a totally unsuitable name for an academic's cat.  They might as well have called him Plagiarism...

So send happy kitten thoughts my way!  I'll include pictures when I have them.  He looks lovely on the humane society website...