Author Topic: Herd your cats here  (Read 39811 times)

smallcleanrat

Re: Herd your cats here
« Reply #990 on: February 23, 2021, 07:08:05 AM »
Anyone's kitties have unusual napping spots?

Ricochet naps in boxes, underneath furniture, on top of our tallest bookcase, and, in the winter, directly on top of the heating vents (under a side table). When she's feeling brave, she naps on the guest room bed (which is in the room farthest away from the people).

Ninja typically naps on beds or chairs or, when available, in laundry baskets on top of the clean laundry. However, recently, she has a new napping spot in the bathroom on the over-the-toilet towel shelf rack on top of the clean folded towels.  She crawls into her spot from the sink and is now spending most of her day in the bathroom.

At the base of my bed are two drawers in which I keep clothes. Since the drawers are only on on side, it's easy enough for Maestro to creep under the bed on the other side and climb into the drawers, using my clothes as bedding.

Lucky for me he's not a heavy shedder (so far).

When he's sleeping below and I'm lying on the mattress, the sound of his snores somehow seem even louder than when he's snoring right in my ear. I never knew mattresses were so good at conducting sound.

Parasaurolophus

• near crested lizard
  • Senior Moderator
  • Distinguished Senior Member
  • CHE Posts: 1640
« Reply #991 on: February 23, 2021, 04:29:31 PM »
My partner used to have a cat. A huge cat, part Maine-coon. The largest cat you ever saw. He was glorious. About six years ago, she gave him to her best friend (in a different city) because he clearly preferred to be an only cat, he needed to go outside, and because the neighbours where we lived at the time were constantly trying to steal him.

We just learned today that he was killed by the neighbour's dog.

The poor love. He was glorious, and we are very sad.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

• Use your wit and intelligence to figure out how to be kinder
  • Wondering, Wandering Sr. Member
  • CHE Posts: 4,618
« Reply #992 on: February 23, 2021, 05:07:30 PM »
How painful, and sad.

RIP, good kitty.

Know you were loved.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

evil_physics_witchcraft

• Druidic harbinger of Nature's voice.
« Reply #993 on: February 23, 2021, 05:39:18 PM »
My condolences Parasaurolophus.

Larimar

« Reply #994 on: February 23, 2021, 05:56:15 PM »

My condolences too.

OneMoreYear

« Reply #995 on: February 23, 2021, 07:31:25 PM »

My condolences too.

Sending my condolences also, Parasaurolophus. The big guy sounds like a wonderful and much loved kitty.  Sending gentle pets/hugs to you and yours.