Author Topic: The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People  (Read 14225 times)

Parasaurolophus

• near crested lizard
  • Senior Moderator
  • Distinguished Senior Member
  • CHE Posts: 1640
Re: The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People
« Reply #225 on: October 22, 2020, 07:50:06 PM »
Was just glancing at my google scholar profile and found my top-cited article is currently at 1111 citations. Thought I'd document the moment before it becomes less pleasingly mono-numerical.

Ha!

On Scholar, mine is at 11, so something's afoot.
I know it's a genus.

Puget

• Always tries to use Sound judgment
  • CHE Posts: 447
« Reply #226 on: Today at 06:30:12 AM »
Was just glancing at my google scholar profile and found my top-cited article is currently at 1111 citations. Thought I'd document the moment before it becomes less pleasingly mono-numerical.

Ha!

On Scholar, mine is at 11, so something's afoot.

I suspect citing conventions/volume are very different across our fields, and also that your's is more book focused and thus unlikely to show up in google scholar?
I really don't care about the numbers there, but it's a handy way (in addition to Research Gate) to make my papers easier to find and  to find new relevant stuff that cites me.

I should say, that highest cited paper and the others in my top 5 are all either meta-analyses or review papers-- these get cited a ton because they are topics that lots of people need a handy reference for.
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Parasaurolophus

• near crested lizard
  • Senior Moderator
  • Distinguished Senior Member
  • CHE Posts: 1640
« Reply #227 on: Today at 08:43:30 AM »
Oh yeah, they're definitely different.

Just thought it was a neat additional coincidence--like maybe Google is using citation rates to build a weird logic gate.

May your four ones last!
I know it's a genus.