Author Topic: Thanks and more thanks  (Read 2570 times)

mahagonny

• Distinguished Senior Member
Re: Thanks and more thanks
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 01:55:03 AM »
And a special thanks for not including a board dedicated to diversity discussions. I don't know if you forgot or intentionally omitted it. But it gives me hope, either way.
I love working with young people. Their minds are wide open and you can get to them before they have a chance to follow the herd.

polly_mer

• The Voice of Doom
  • Senior Moderator
  • Have you hugged your family today?
  • CHE Posts: lots!
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2020, 08:26:41 PM »
And a special thanks for not including a board dedicated to diversity discussions. I don't know if you forgot or intentionally omitted it. But it gives me hope, either way.

The CHE diversity board was not active enough to warrant starting with a board here in that area.  If enough threads are started to support a standalone/child board for useful grouping, then such will be done.

Personally, I'd rather have discussions I want to skip clumped together all in one easy-to-ignore board.
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mahagonny

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2020, 09:02:19 PM »

The CHE diversity board was not active enough to warrant starting with a board here in that area.  If enough threads are started to support a standalone/child board for useful grouping, then such will be done.

Personally, I'd rather have discussions I want to skip clumped together all in one easy-to-ignore board.

It's worse than just than something to ignore. It's a
 flattering representation of higher education's values.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:08:47 PM by mahagonny »
I love working with young people. Their minds are wide open and you can get to them before they have a chance to follow the herd.

dismalist

• Hardly a
  • Often wrong, never in doubt.
  • CHE Posts: 1513
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 02:46:55 PM »
Yes, amazing work renewing the board! I very much appreciate it.

I've been off the board for a long while, but then started messing with registration and such. Figured it out, sorta', and am glad to be back.

Cheers to all.
We have met the enemy, and they is us.
--Pogo

mamselle

• Use your wit and intelligence to figure out how to be kinder
  • Wondering, Wandering Sr. Member
  • CHE Posts: 4,618
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 06:56:19 PM »
I was happy to see your moniker!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.