News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

In/Out Board

Started by polly_mer, May 21, 2019, 08:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Well, apparently I forgot to check back "in" last time, but I need to be focused on finishing several things in the next week, so I'm moving my marker to "out" until at least Tuesday!

See you then!!

(I'll still reply to PMs)

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

polly_mer

I am being redeployed in my job to address immediate science needs and make science-based recommendations as a state-declared essential worker.  This is not for Covid directly, but that's not the only problem in the US/world right now.

That's likely 2-3 months of all my good mental time and energy.  I'll probably check in multiple times a week, but all the long, detailed research posts here that take hours to write are on hold indefinitely.

Stay home, wear your mask for the medically necessary errands and obtaining groceries that can't be delivered, and wash your hands effectively and often.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mamselle

We'll miss you, but good luck with your work.

All good thoughts--M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Our internet provider has a local outage and still working on it.  It's good to be back!

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on August 09, 2020, 08:30:41 AM
We'll miss you, but good luck with your work.

All good thoughts--M.

Yes, we wish you well with your work.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

AmLitHist

Good luck and good times, Polly!

hmaria1609

Local internet service outage again for Verizon this week. :(

mamselle

Glad it's not the impending hurricane....

M.

hmaria1609

Quote from: mamselle on August 26, 2020, 04:06:12 PM
Glad it's not the impending hurricane....

M.
We end up getting all the rain in the DC area post-hurricane.