News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Only made it halfway, though I got the pangram quite easily. Oh well.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius today; however, missed anoxia and ataxia yesterday.

winters/squeaky

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with the two pangrams.

Yesterday's LB:  winters-squeaky and runways-squeakiest.

I'm having a dreadful time with today's LB!  I'm finding good words, but no way to use the leftovers.  I hope others are having better luck!

Happy puzzling! 

Langue_doc

Just looked for and found the second pangram, thanks to you, cathwen. I didn't realize that there were two of them. Today's LB is a pain, but I got the crosswords and sudokus last night, and the vertex this morning.

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - New words yesterday - affiant, anoxia, infix I tried antifa, finito and they didn't take! Missed fontina.

LB - yawners-squeakiest. Love the official solution! I had really wanted to do something with inquiry but didn't pursue it.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I also got winters-squeaky yesterday but never got back to it to try to find another.  Will try to work on it during conference presessions today.  Always glad to see varied solutions!

Our final words yesterday were fontina, ataxia. and anoxia.  The latter two were especially hard.  Today, it looks like I'm at Alpha (118), got the two pangrams (and was surprised that there were two with a seemingly short list). 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Genius and one pangram. You say there is a second one lurking around? Okay, back to it in a bit.

Little progress on LB - b4ss is a tough one today. Of course as soon as I click off I'll probably find a bunch of contenders.

ab_grp

Made it to QB! I don't think there were any really tough words, though at least one bee word (in my opinion).  Good luck!

I have ships on LB.  I also think I found a good contender that uses most of the letters, but of course I haven't yet found a mate. 

A little behind on puzzles due to sessions, and I still need to start sudokus.

Langue_doc

QB some time ago. Agree with ab_grp that there was only one "unusual" word. Try variant spellings for this one.

Gave up on LB as I have to get ready for two outings this weekend (directions, maps, nearby restaurants, etc) and also file tons of papers.

cathwen

Congratulations, ab_grp and Langue_doc!  I also made it to QB. One word was unknown to me and I got it only by typing in combinations.

I found a 2fer for LB, but only after about a billion attempts. I won't be trying for a second 2fer today.

ab_grp

Congrats on your QBs, Langue_doc and cathwen! And congrats on your 2fer, cathwen! This session is not as exciting as the morning's, so I hope to eventually get a 2fer.  Hope your outing planning goes well, Langue_doc.

ciao_yall

Genius but not QB, and still stuck.

LB solver site to get an answer which was pretty esoteric. I was getting 5fer solutions but not much farther...

So while I didn't achieve, I'm okay with it.

Parasaurolophus

Got there today. Phew!
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; not sure if there's a second pangram lurking somewhere, given the number of points and the j not really helping with words.

The crossword wasn't too difficult for a Friday.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning! Congrats Parasaurolophus!

SB- New words holt, tilth. Missed moonlit. But hey, I remembered tomtit!

LB - Solver site thumb-benefactor. I found thumb and bene- but somehow -factor didn't jump out. Maybe I gave up too fast because there were so many b4ss issues I never really could get a "flow."

Oh well, can't win 'em all. Grading and prepping for another dinner party Saturday, where the menu will be a little more manageable and my husband will make sure I won't drink as much.

Happy solving!