Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP. Doeth?

LB - Close but no cigar with quint-thyroid-dacha. Found acquiry but somehow never turned it into acquaint.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius.

Grading day today.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have three words left, finally got to Alpha but it was very slow going at first.  Didn't sleep well.  My second word was a total guess, if that says anything! Hopefully shower and coffee will continue to help.  My final word yesterday was doeth.  I agree.  What!

Cathwen, huge congrats on getting the solution! That was tough.  I had only a few contenders.  Didn't see quaint, let alone acquaint.  Congrats on your 2fer today!

I have another call with a friend that could go long so need to try to get sudokus in and will see about remaining bee and do LB later, hopefully.

Happy solving! 

Langue_doc

QB.

ab_grp, I was thinking of you this morning when I found one of the words in today's bee.

ab_grp

Congrats, Langue_doc! Thanks! I was thinking similarly.  We also got to QB, though we needed to compare for our final words.

Parasaurolophus

Hmm. Genius, but no pangram. It doesn't look like I should be struggling to see it...
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram so far this morning.  Yesterday I got to QBWATHICG—my last two words were dolma and modulo, which I would never have gotten without going to the definitions part of WordPlay. 

As for LB, I had the "official" solution:  grump-probational.  I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP. modulo?

LB - grump-probational as well.

Happy solving!

ETA: 2fer on the first try. Still stuck on AwP.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have 4 words left and am not at Alpha yet.  My second word yesterday was durum, which I was glad to guess and get out of the way! I just could not see any words for a while yesterday.  And luckily I remembered dolmaModulo took me a while.  But I think my final words included dolor, madam.

No luck at all on LB yesterday.  Congrats, cathwen! And congrats today, cathwen and ciao_yall!

I hope to have more time today with no calls planned.  We'll see.  Tomorrow afternoon is booster and my first-ever flu shot.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

We ended up getting to QBABO with different final words, but I am really stumped on LB so far!

ab_grp

Can't believe I missed it earlier, but I finally got a 2fer!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP, got the pangram pretty early. Last word was rococo. Looked at the grid later in the day but didn't knock much loose.

LB - judgment-trowel on the first try.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I also had judgment-trowel.  It is also the "official" solution.  Did anyone have anything different?

I did not reach QB yesterday; I had three words to go, two of which I should have seen:  corncob and bronc.  The one I wouldn't have gotten anyway is barbacoa, although I think I've seen it in at least one previous Bee.

Today I am at Alpha and kind of stuck.  I may need to resort to WordPlay.

Happy puzzling, everyone!

ab_grp

Good afternoon!

We both got to QBABO with different final words again.  I think yesterday mine included corolla (which I would think of only as a car if not for the crossword), barbacoa, carbonara, collar.  I remembered some of them from when we had the same pangram recently with different center letter.

I got the same 2fer.  I wonder if there were any others.  Can't believe it took me so long to find judgment, but that J was getting me.

Happy solving!