News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

We each got to QBABO with different final words again.  I think my final one yesterday was dahlia.

Congrats on your 2fers yesterday, Langue_doc and cathwen! I also tried protoplasm among others, to no avail.

Glad to hear you are making progress, cathwen!

Good luck with your credit card and subscription, Parasaurolophus.  They don't always seem to have the best customer service, but I hope it gets straightened out.

And I am crossing my fingers for those traveling next week.  Good weather!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

GwP and found a 3fer. Might be it for the day, but we'll see.

Parasaurolophus

Made it to beta in short order this morning.
I know it's a genus.

monarda

Today's was my very first QBABM. I didn't even look to see how many total words there were!

We've been getting QB with the grid and 2LL. With occasional forum hints. But today's a landmark!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; last word yesterday was belle.

Found a two-fer before really waking up. Crosswords were done last night.

cathwen, it sounds as though your progress is steady. A good therapist is far more valuable than a good physician, so you'll get there.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP, left off there. Bluebell is one word? Well, if I didn't know, now I know.

LB - That was a toughie! No wonder I didn't find a 2fer. Closest I got was van-numb-blockchain.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I just reached Alpha this morning—apparently only two words to go, and I am stumped.  I'll try to hold out before looking for first letter clues.

Yesterday my last words were bumblebee and hubbub

As for LB, I did not find a solution yesterday.  Kombucha-anvil?  I had anvil, but kombucha would never have occurred to me.

I do have a 2fer today, though.

Anyway—happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Congrats on your first QBABY, monarda!! I'm at Alpha but have three words left and am currently stumped.  I think my final ones were hubbub, bluebell yesterday. 

No luck on LB yesterday.  I also tried blockchain but couldn't get the VUM to work out.  And I tried munchkin.  Oh well.  Congrats on your 2fers today, Langue_doc and cathwen!

Seemed like yesterday's and today's crosswords were very easy for this part of the week.  Today's looked daunting but was one of my faster times.  But that leaves more time for the other puzzles!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

GwP and a 2fer. 1/2 an hour before a Zoom call and then lunch. What am I gonna do with myself?

ab_grp

Congrats, ciao_yall!

I finally got QB and a 2fer.  I don't think it's the schmofficial one, but who knows.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. Last words yesterday were malaria and malarial.

undramatic/cowl; the NYT solution is rather inelegant, IMHO.

Crosswords were done last night. Grading needs to be done today.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

It took me an age to get the pangram, but I am now at Beta.  Although it is not a long Bee, I'm finding it difficult.

Yesterday I did resort to hints for the last word:  riyal

LB:  I also had undramatic-cowl.  I found a 2fer today, also. 

Langue_doc, may your grading go smoothly without the instances of plagiarism that you have described in other threads. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP, then woke up in the middle of the night last night so have a GwP for today as well.

LB - undramatic-cowl - Great minds think alike! Midnight session yielded a quick 3fer so hope a 2fer is nigh and now, a 2fer over morning coffee.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have 3 words left and am not at Alpha yet.  I thought this was one of the more difficult pangrams! I'm not sure my husband will get it.  Just an unfamiliar word.  Riyal was my last one yesterday, too.  Have to add that to the variety of spellings list in my mind.

For LB, I got untoward-dominical.  I didn't know if the latter was a word but was just trying things with remaining letters.  It's funny that all three of you got the same, nonschmofficial 2fer! Congrats on your 2fers today, cathwen and ciao_yall!

Happy solving!