News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

GwP, 2fer. Off to get mani-pedi and legs waxed.

cathwen

Just got a 2fer!

Ciao_yall, enjoy your mani-pedi!

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fers, ciao_yall and cathwen! Back to yesterday's, I did have microphone but don't think I would have recognized elvan as a word or thought of it.

We each got to QBABO with different words again.  Good luck!

I need to get the hard sudoku done.  Yesterday I somehow got involved in other things, realized it was after switchover time and that I needed to start on today's puzzles and then realized I hadn't finished the hard one from yesterday yet! Oops.  Getting chores done can be an obstacle to puzzle success.

ciao_yall

QBWH while waiting for the polish to dry.

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! Probably not schmofficial.

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, last word was warrior.

LB - contempt-thrifty.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius--that's it for today.

Last word yesterday was raffia.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

I'm at Beta this morning with six words to go.  Yesterday my last word, found with a hint, was raffia

LB:  I had the "official" contempt-thrifty.  Once again, I'm having trouble finding a 2fer for today's LB! 

Happy puzzling, everyone!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I have two more words left, and husband has three.  Yesterday aioli got me again and was my final word.  Warrior was near the end for me as well.

Team 2fer yesterday, monomorphemic-citify.  Definitely not a thrifty solution! Husband donated the first word after I had morphemic, and I came up with the second, if it is actually a word.  I also had a couple ships: promontory~chief and optometry~finch.  Congrats on getting the official solution, ciao_yall and cathwen.  I don't think I saw either of those words in my travels.

Happy solving!

cathwen

That is quite a 2fer, ab_grp!  I like it!  And thriftiness is overrated, at least when it comes to LB.

I finally found a 2fer today.  Once again, it was something of a struggle.

ab_grp

Thanks, cathwen.  It was a "mouthful", but it worked.  I certainly figured it probably wasn't the official solution! Congrats on your 2fer! I have a bunch of contenders but no luck yet.

We are each down to one word in the bee, and I think it's the same word.  We got some first-letter assistance from Shunn and may have to go to second letter later. 

ab_grp

Yay! Got a 2fer!

We finally looked at the second letter, and we got the final word.

ETA: Apparently, the NYT has bought Wordle but plans to keep it free and not make any changes: https://www.cnet.com/news/wordle-has-been-purchased-by-the-new-york-times  Also updating to add NYT's article about it, which I saw after: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/31/crosswords/nyt-wordle-purchase.html

Langue_doc

Came here to post about NYT purchasing Wordle, but ab_grp beat me to it!

QB and a two-fer. I found monomorphemic yesterday, but couldn't come up with a mate.

Earlier this afternoon, I was looking out the window wondering how I was going to shovel the wall of snow that the plows had piled up alongside my car when I saw the neighbor's teenager, shovel in hand start clearing the snow from my car and then shoveling the snow away from my car. Awww!

Parasaurolophus

I've not been doing great on the Bee lately.

Wordle will remain free for now, but for how long? And how long before they crack down on Wordle in other languages?
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last word yesterday was like--I tend to miss the obvious words but manage to find their longer counterparts.

unwelcome/ejections

Happy solving, all!