Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word was flue.

LB just 2fer b4ss and lots of 3fers: outbounds-sideways, editions-subway.

Happy solving!

ETA: Quick GwP and 2fer this morning. Guess I gotta take a shower now.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to GN4L with the pangram today so far, but no alpha.  I managed to get to QBABM yesterday, with flue, flub as my final words.  Bluefin was actually my first word yesterday, even though fish are usually not my thing (except for eating)!

Congrats on your 2fers yesterday! I had a couple I thought might work, like waistbands, but I couldn't get there.  Maybe today, though I have a call this afternoon.  :-(  Congrats on today's 2fers, cathwen and ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

GWP just after giving up!
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius and pangram.

Last words yesterday were dojo and bode, the first of which I found by trying all the consonant-vowel combinations, and the second by reviewing the list on the desktop (I thought had entered this word earlier along with the past tense form, but the program apparently failed to acknowledge the entry).

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning! QB-2 and 2 new words - decoct, decocted. Making that the word of the day for today's IT meeting.

And hoper-ramification.

Langue_doc

decoct: one way to make coffee. There are coffee pots designed for this. The result is a decoction.

ab_grp

Good morning!

I finally got the pangram but am not quite at genius yet.  We did make it to team QB yesterday, thankfully, though that is not as fun as individually! Husband is the one who found decoct(ed).  I think they've been in there before, but I had forgotten about them.  Congrats, Parasaurolophus!

No luck on LB, so congrats, ciao_yall! I do have more calls today, but they aren't one-on-one, so hopefully that will be more conducive to LB solutions and other puzzling success.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good evening!

Yesterday I got to QB, but only after a hint for the final word—ebbed.  Today I got to genius with the pangram, but have not gotten much further.  Given the time, I think that is the best I can do tonight.

LB:  I had metaphonic-craft. No 2fer today, though.

Perhaps tomorrow will bring more success!

Parasaurolophus

No pangram, and fell far short of genius today.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius so far. I didn't have much time for puzzling yesterday, so missed colleen and acne. However, when I reached genius this morning, the bee informed me that today's scores were higher than yesterday's or something to that effect. The bee must be getting senile.

grave/exemplify, the NYT solution. Gah!

Dreary, rainy day today.

Happy solving, all!

ETA: QB

ETA again: two-fer!

ciao_yall

GwP, and just a 3fer farm-mexapixel-lively.

Lots of wine last night and up past my bedtime on a school night.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to GN4L with pangram.  I think I have 2 words left but manage to be just shy of Alpha.  I am holding out hope for QB.  Congrats, Langue_doc! We didn't do so well yesterday, just too busy.  We finally got to QB with some help from Shunn.  I was excited to remember colcannon, colleen! My final ones were neocon, nonlocal.

No luck on LB, so more congrats to Langue_doc, and again today!

Yesterday, when husband got to Genius he also got the message that he ranked higher than the previous day (despite QB previous day).  I didn't, but I got it today.  He got a different message today, something to the effect that he's moving on up? So I guess we are getting these messages somewhat inconsistently? Anyone besides Langue_doc and the two of us?

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB and a 2fer.

I haven't gotten any messages from SB that ab_grp and Langue_doc describe!

ab_grp

Yeah! Congrats on GWP and QB, Parasaurolophus and cathwen! Cathwen, maybe they will send you a message when you least expect it.  ;-) I was checking to see the last time my app was updated but am not sure how to tell.

I am down to one word left to QB and finally at alpha.  Still crossing my fingers! I have some contenders for LB as well.

ETA: Got QBABM! Yay!