News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got a bit past genius with pangram so far today.  Yesterday I could not find the second pangram (which was razoring for me).  So I needed help with that and one other word (zinnia), but we did have team QB.

No luck on LB.  Congrats on your 2fer today, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBABM yesterday; last word orzo.  Today I'm at Beta.

I couldn't find a 2fer yesterday.  I had requested, but did not see partygoer!  I guess we all had trouble with this one.

I do have a 2fer today, though.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Congrats on yours as well, cathwen!

Parasaurolophus

Just seven short of GWP, but I'm out of time for today.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Last word yesterday was gavage, which I found by putting together letters at random.

republic/change (gah)

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Beta this morning.  Yesterday I ran out of time and patience and looked at hints to get my final words, gavage and (of all things) teabag.

LB:  changeable-epicure.  Langue_doc, congratulations on your 2fer!  I hope it is not predictive! 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QB - needed a hint for baggage. Gah. And republican-neigh.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not even to genius yet but have to get to other things for now.  I do have the pangram.  Yesterday I got the hard words but needed help with teabag and a few others.

For LB, I had unpregnable-enrich.  Different solutions again!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Argh! Totally forgot I was so far behind on puzzles.  I made it to genius finally but still have a ways to go.

But I did get a 2fer!

Langue_doc

It's a tricky one today. It took me ages to find the last four-letter word, a word that most of us use every day.

Didn't think that unpregnable was a word--autocorrect has been trying to correct me as I type. The NYT and their "hand-curated" words!

cathwen, that's a good one. I started rereading The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire but gave up because history might just repeat itself.

Made flambeed broccoli rabe for dinner--I sauteed the garlic and threw in the rabe when the entire skillet burst into flames.

If I get some grading done tonight and if it doesn't rain tomorrow moring, then I can go on a bird walk.

Parasaurolophus

Blah, fell well short again today.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QBWATHICG yesterday, with hints to find mallard, ramada, and ramrod.  I'm annoyed that I didn't think of mallard, as I had seen some mallards earlier in the day!

I hope to do better today.  I have two words to go...we'll see.

Langue_doc, I agree about unpregnable.  I don't know what even possessed me to try it—desperation, I suppose.  The flambéed broccoli rabe sounds exciting!  (Eek!)

LB:  I had campground-drink.  I have a 2fer today, also, but I don't think it's a very efficient one.  I may try again for a tighter pair...or not.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH, last word was ramada.

LB - needed hints but learned a new word ionogram-mudpack and argh on those compounds campground-dink.

Hiking today with my QB-LB text friend and I'm unnaturally excited.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius--it's a sloggy one today.

Last word yesterday was road, which took me forever to find. I remembered ramada from previous puzzles, although I still don't know what it means, other than the name of a hotel chain.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius + but not at alpha yet, I don't think.  Yesterday I needed help with arid, radar, midi.  Hoping to get a better jump on puzzles today during a conference (virtual)!

I also had campground-drink for LB and am not sure why I tried unpregnable the day before (except why not with these puzzles?). Ionogram is an interesting word, ciao_yall! Congrats on a 2fer today, cathwen!

The flambeed rabe does sound exciting, Langue_doc!

Enjoy your hike, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!