News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Got past genius but still have some words left to go.  But I did get a 2fer! Congrats on yours, cathwen!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

GwP this morning, but that's probably as far as I'll get.  My day is packed!

Yesterday wasn't much better.  I had five words to go by dinner time, so I went to hints and found intoning, noting, qigong, tooting, and untuning.  With the exception of qigong, all were words I'd found in prior SBs.

LB:  I had brownie-exacting.  I found a quick 2fer this morning.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwG yesterday, and brownie-extracting, brownie-exacting.

So far, Aw2Ps and a 2fer b4ss so hope will tip the scales soon.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Go to genius, but another busy day today, so we'll see.  Yesterday I managed to get the "difficult" words by myself but needed assistance with untuning, ignition, togging, I think. 

I also had brownie-exacting yesterday.  Congrats on your 2fer today, cathwen, and good luck on your close one, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Found the two pangrams and got to genius quite early, but have been out and about, so don't even remember where I left off.

Gave up on yesterday's bee as I find the suffixing and prefixing to be tedious and not intellectually stimulating.

Got a two-fer yesterday, but can't remember the words other than that they were quite different from the NYT solution.

Crosswords were done last night, and wordle this morning.

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Still several bee words left to go.

Parasaurolophus

Fell a few points short of GW2P.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; the pangram took me from nice to genius!

Gave up on the bee yesterday; turned out that I needed only a couple of words, but don't think that I would have tried newton.

adjunct/snowmen, and exciting/growbag (whatever that means) the previous day.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Correction: the pangram took me from nice to amazing. I'm usually half asleep when I start on the bee; the brain doesn't kick in until I'm in the shower.

ETA: it was adjuncts/snowmen; just caught the typo.

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 2LL hints:  meow, tone, totem.. Today I am at Amazing with the pangram and already utterly stumped.  Time to turn my attention to other things, then come back!

LB:  I had adjunct-twosome, which was the "official" solution. No 2fer yet this morning. 

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBWALTHICG. Learned that there is a bird called a towhee. And adjunct-twosome.

Tricky one today! At AwP and several 3fers so hope something will bust loose.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

GwP, still in 3fer land. Lots of great words but no mates yet.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Three words to go.  Last one yesterday was towhee for both of us.  We needed assistance, but I managed to guess it.  It's been in there before, but it's definitely not a familiar word.

And I also had the schmofficial 2fer.

Got a long call today and etc. so we'll see about the rest!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.