News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Almost there today--only a few points left.

I didn't want to spend much time on yesterday's bee; I think my threshold is no more than 200 points after which the puzzling turns to drudgery. Missed just a few words--I was sure I had entered naiad as I remembered this word in a recent crossword.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH, all words I should have gotten. But, like Langue_doc sometimes I'm just ready to put a bow on it.

LB - just 2fer b4ss solutions and 3fers. Tricky one yesterday on several levels!

Happy solving! 

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram so far.  Yesterday we were both missing podia before we compared.

For LB, I got the schmofficial solution, cabana-amplitude

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I didn't get much beyond genius yesterday and did not find a 2fer, either. Not the greatest puzzle day for me!  Ab_grp, congratulations on your 2fer!

Today is a better day—I made QBABM and found a 2fer! 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Wow congrats on your QBABM and 2fer, cathwen! Definitely a great puzzling day, and hopefully a great day otherwise, too!

I also got a 2fer! Still working on the bee, though.

Langue_doc

Good luck with the bee, ab_grp. It's an easy one today, just slid into QB with the last couple of words when I was sitting on a park bench, taking a break.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Morning!

Quick run to genius, but have been stuck since then.

Remembered wigwag yesterday, and added the participial form to get to QB yesterday.

fungous/shamble

Didn't get to the crosswords last weekend or yesterday, so my streak is now zero, which I find quite liberating. I might or might not get to the crosswords this weekend either.

ciao_yall

QBwH, would probably have remembered wigwag, wigwagging had I stuck with it a little longer. LB bongs-shameful.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with pangram so far and am working on the crossword.  Langue_doc, I know what you mean about that liberating feeling of not having to worry about a streak! Yesterday I needed help with wigwag, wigwagging, wigwam, wingman.  Ugh!

I also had the schmofficial solution of bongs-shameful yesterday.  I'm glad Langue_doc found an alternative. 

Happy solving!

ETA: Got a 2fer on my first try!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and a new word lollop. LB subverting-brokers.

Going to yoga. I would lollop over but my knee still is a bit tender.

Happy Sunday!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams.  Yesterday, lollop was my final word with assistance.  Ugh, not sure how I forgot that one again.

For LB, I got buster-revoking

I somehow ended up in a Duolingo tournament, so I figured I might as well try to win it and have been spending a lot more time in that direction the past couple weeks.  I have no idea how many people are actually in this thing and am sure it's not just my group, but the top 15 of my group win, and I am feeling fairly comfortable but don't want to be complacent and get knocked out.  Today's the final day.  Gotta wake up and get into Spanish mode.  I did get the crossword done already. 

Enjoy yoga, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Found the pangrams and made it to above genius, but now am stuck.

Last word yesterday was people; remembered lollop from previous bees.

Good luck with Duolingo, ab_grp!

Parasaurolophus

Fell just short yesterday. GWP today.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Thank you, Langue_doc! I am hoping that all my hard work will pay off.  Definitely a tough crowd this week.

I also got stuck not too far past genius, and I have had no real luck with LB, either!