News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Genius before leaving this morning, and just found the pangram.

Last words yesterday were concoct and contact.

Spent the day at the AAA Driver Improvement program workshop which will give me a 10% discount on my car insurance for the next three years. You also get points reduced, depending on the nature of the offense. I've been taking this course every three years for my insurance discount, but couldn't do so in 2020 because in-person classes were canceled. I could have taken the course online last year and earlier this year, but didn't want to spend 6 hours sitting at the computer.

I think I missed two crosswords in a row, and probably won't get to today's either.

ab_grp

I did finally get to genius, but now it's showing I lost 7 words.  My app still shows them, but even after reloading my computer doesn't.  Ugh.  Oh well, not a huge deal.  And I haven't gotten a 2fer yet.

Cathwen, I hope you get your 2fer! Sounds like you're close.  And congrats on your QBABY!!!!

Langue_doc, that sounds like a neat program.  I don't think I have heard of it! I'll have to look into it. 

cathwen

Good morning!

I can't remember what my last word was yesterday, but it was an obvious 4 letter word.  Babe, I think?  Not sure.  Today I'm at QB-2.

LB:  I had the very uneconomical vanquish-homomorphism, and it took me an age to find it.  I did not even see improv!  I found a 2fer today more quickly.

Ab_grp, how frustrating that the syncing loses your words! 

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

Fell a little short yesterday, I'm afraid.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Morning! QBw2LL, last word beachy. LB improv-vanquish.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram so far and then switched to the crossword.  Yesterday I needed help with words I usually get (or don't) like abbacy, allele, cabal(a), but we did have team QB.

No luck on LB.  Congrats, cathwen! That's a great pair, even if it's a bit longer.  I didn't see any of the solution words.  Congrats on another today!

Thanks about the syncing.  I know it doesn't just happen to me, and luckily it almost never does in my case, but it was just weird yesterday. 

Happy solving! 

ETA: congrats on your 2fer yesterday, ciao_yall!
And today's another day for all of us, Parasaurolophus!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB yesterday and today. Last word was eyeball.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Wow, congrats on your QBs, Langue_doc!

I think I still have 4 words left but am right at beta.  And no luck on LB so far despite some ideas.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Three pangrams and 173 points so far. Don't recall my last words in yesterday's bee.

aspic/cyberpunk

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for words I should have gotten like payee. LB crybabies-spunk.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBw2LL yesterday, last word attempt.  Today I am one word away from QB and trying hard not to look at hints.

LB:  I also had crybabies-spunk.  I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with (I think) all the pangrams.  Good luck getting your QBs today! Yesterday I failed on the final word.  I just could not get it.  Papaya! Argh!!!! Husband got QBABH.

No luck on LB, even with a helper while we were grilling.  Congrats on all your solutions! And on another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Yay! Still creeping along in the bee, though.

ETA: Never mind, got QBABM!!! Wooooo! The last 10 or so words came quickly, thankfully.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Almost there with the pangram and just a couple or more words to go.

Last word yesterday was infirming.

boroughs/seizable and then the more economical roughs/seizable.

Happy solving!