News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Above genius, but no pangram yet. Last word yesterday was colleen, which is usually a word that takes me forever to find.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH and learned a new word - coulee - after multiple hints and Googling.

LB - just 3fers. Got close with mad-doldrums-stink, rum-modals-stink, and was rather proud of nasturtium-milks-sod but alas.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram, but the pangram took a while! Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed help with coulee, colleen, nucleon.

No luck on LB, though the schmofficial components go well together!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning! 

QBABM yesterday with last word a wild guess—nucleon.  Today I have three words to go.  I may need help.

LB:  I found outdrinks-slam, which sounds like a scene from a depressing movie or TV series.  I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwG, last word dean. I remembered dace from a previous puzzle.

LB complexity-yous. Didn't think the second word would take but hey, try everything!

cathwen

Good morning!

I got dace yesterday entirely by accident.  Then I remembered having seen it before.  I needed help to find deejay/ed and ennead.  Today I am two 5L words away from QB and thoroughly stumped.

LB:  I also had complexity-yous and was surprised when the second word was accepted.  I then looked for something else and found the "official" music-complexity.  I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but were both missing dyne.  I was also missing decency, yenned.

I got the same 2fer as yous people! With the y and the u and s leftover, I figured I'd try yous but didn't think it would take it.  Whee! Cathwen, I like your 2fer from two days ago (and for two yesterday and another today)! I think I had outdrank at one point. 

And congrats on your QBABY 2 days ago! Hope you find your words today.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and well above genius so far. Last words yesterday were decency and needy. The pangram was quite difficult to spot--I think I found it only because the letters were aligned properly after one of the many reshufflings.

exoticism/multiply, then complexity/yous

This week's crosswords have been relatively painless.

Happy solving!

ETA: QB!

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fers yesterday and QB today, Langue_doc!

Parasaurolophus

Alpha, I think. Can't be missing much.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got to genius (but only one pangram) before switching to the crossword.  Yesterday, we each got QBABO!

No luck on LB, sadly.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; didn't realize that there are more pangrams today.

phantoms/squir(m/t)!

Happy solving

ciao_yall

QB with grid, last word title which is kind of embarassing because I had already found tittle.

LB phantoms-squirm.

Really? More than one panagram today? No wonder I'm stuck at Amazing with one P, and even with some pretty crazy words I thought I made up.

Oh well. Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBABM yesterday; I had been stuck at QB-2, then looked for words in -ée and found gelee and melee.  Today I have three words to go, one of which has to be the other pangram.  It took me ages to find the first one!  I may need hints today.

LB:  I had phantoms-squirt.  Playful ghosts with water pistols?  I found a 2fer pretty quickly today. 

Happy puzzling!