News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Two pangrams, but fell a few short of genius. Might try again tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Two pangrams and 205 points so far. Missed a few words yesterday--didn't get back to the puzzle after the Sunday phone visits.

cows/sublimation

Easy twofer, but unusual first word.

cathwen, that sounds like an interesting trip--glad that it was the smoke alarm and not the fire alarm.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Two words to go to QB.  Yesterday I used hints to find aptly (argh!) and palely.  I hope to find my two words today without hints—but we shall see.

LB:  I had a very uneconomical waistcoats-subluminous.  The second word was a wild guess.  Langue_doc, congratulations on finding a much more sensible (and economical) 2fer!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and a new word papally. LB outclimbs-swan but I had a 2fer b4ss as well that I was bummed couldn't count cows-somnambulist.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Quick genius this morning.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams but now my computer is about to update again, so I'm trying to say hello first! Yesterday I had a couple I was missing, including papally, teletype (even though I had teleplay, type... argh), but we did have team QB.

For LB, I got the same as Langue_doc, cows-sublimation.  Cathwen, that is quite a mouthful of a 2fer! And congrats to ciao_yall on a different 2fer as well.  No schmofficial ones. 

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB and a nice outing.

Now to get to work.

ciao_yall

QBwH for chitin which I forgot about. LB was kiwi-impracticalities.

Fast route to genius and 2fer today so now to eke my way to QB. Maybe I'll achieve ABM? The drama is killing me. (ETA I think I have 3 words to go).

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Beta with pangram this morning.  Yesterday I needed 2LL help to find igniting, my last word.

LB:  I had wreaks-simplicities.  I found one today, too, after a bit of a struggle. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram.  Yesterday I thought I had a bunch left but was just missing igniting, tight, twig.  Not sure how I missed those.  Congrats on your QB, Langue_doc!!

Congrats on your 2fers, ciao_yall and cathwen! I tried and tried with no payoff.  And congrats on both getting another today!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and almost QB; QB yesterday, but don't recall the last few words as I found the list without much effort.

watersilks/scamp; didn't think that the former was a word, but who am I to argue with LB!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! Still a ways to go on the bee, though.  Dentist appt ended up taking time (though results were fine, thankfully!!).

Good luck, Langue_doc! And congrats on yet another LB solution yesterday!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram so far.  Yesterday I had a few left (including falloff again!!), but we had team QB.

For LB, I had the schmofficial solution, chia-adjustable.

I did the crossword but found out that some of the highlighted words were incorrect in my app, which is kind of annoying.  Did that happen to anyone else?  Someone mentioned it in the comments, but I'm not sure which platforms it affects.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Morning!

Recovering from the booster--can't even type. Pangram and above genius, this morning, back to bed. Don't remember the twofer.

Langue_Doc, why on earth did you schedule the booster for early in the week?