News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Last word yesterday was penguin.  Today I'm at genius with the pangram, and four words to go. 

LB:  I had genic-combinatory. No 2fer yet today!

Ab_grp, I hope your dentist appointment is short and painless!

Happy puzzling! 

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram (early on) and finally genius. Long day today, so that's probably it for puzzles.

Last word was woodcock--I thought of the word much earlier but for some strange reason, didn't see the c, and kept telling myself that if only there was a c in the puzzle, I could enter the word. This, despite entering other words with c in them. Remembered locoweed (patted me on the back for doing so) and vaguely remembered having a discussion on that word.

ab_grp, hope your dentist's appointment was painless. Which reminds me that I need to schedule one soon.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday my last words were dwell/ed, wowed, and locoweed.  I vaguely remember having seen locoweed before, but I needed a hint to find it.

LB:  No solution yesterday, in spite of having seen inform, match, and box.  Argh!  I have a 2fer today, though.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH, Needed a hint for locoweed as well, which was on my list but I guess I never checked it? LB just 3fers hibachi-informant-tox, and played around with boxcar, matrix but got a hint for inform-matchbox.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram (which took a bit) and then to genius.  Yesterday I never got my final two words, which ended up being wedded (should have gotten that one!) and the much despised locoweed.  Congrats on getting that one, Langue_doc!! I hope it eventually secures a place in my mental bee list.  We did have team QB, though.

And no luck on LB despite a lot of trying.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Thanks for the good wishes on the dentist appt, cathwen and Langue_doc! I think they must have helped.  It's sad having to tell myself to be a big girl and go get it done, but I did get a good report.  Unfortunately, my rock star hygienist is likely leaving (though I may be able to make some appts with him separately in the future).  I am not surprised, because he has had other (related) ambitions and seems as though he would be an amazing teacher or professor.  And his father, the dentist who founded the practice, is retiring further, so there is a new dentist that I got to meet (in addition to a previously new one I have seen a few times).  He seems fine.  It's funny that the dentists don't really matter so much to me.  I guess they would more so if I had to have real dental work, which I thankfully have not had to do here (yet).  My hygienist has someone who flies out here from Maine for appts with him! I remember a colleague in NJ telling me that she still flew out to her old dentist twice a year in Wisconsin or some such, and I thought she was insane.  But I get it now.  Anyway, it went fine, and I do appreciate the support! I just dread it so much.  It's funny, my hygienist says he feels the same way about eye appts, which don't bother me at all.  He brought in a new hygienist to start taking over for him, someone he handpicked, and husband will have an appt with that fellow in the coming weeks, so husband will be my guinea pig.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

2fer, but now SB is down on the website!

ab_grp

Congrats, ciao_yall! I am close with some contenders, but I have not joined the club yet.

Luckily, it looks like the bee is back up and buzzing again.  I have a hard time believing that there are 7 more legit words in there.

cathwen

Good morning!

I needed 2LL help to find my last word, gooey, which I could have sworn that I tried but was rejected.  Today have four words to go and am stuck.

LB:  I had lawn-neuropathy, which took me an age to find.  I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

A bit past genius with the pangrams so far.  Yesterday we failed to get team QB, both missing oenology.  I was missing a couple others as well (anally, eely, nylon).

I also got lawn-neuropathy after many tries (but well before bed this time!).  I had unworthy but didn't see its mate.  This morning I got a 2fer on my second try! Congrats on yours, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB with help from the new Spelling Bee Buddy. Last word leanly but I didn't need a definition. I knew I was looking for an le--ly word and took a wild guess. LB unwrap-polythene and a quick 2fer this morning.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangrams and above genius before going birding earlier today. Missed a few points yesterday.

Happy birding!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwSBB (with Spelling Bee Buddy.) Last words dolor, wildwood. LB clownfish-hazy and a quick 2fer with a word I thought I made up.

Happy solving, birding, dentisting and whatever else is up for this week!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Slow going today but have two pangrams so far and am moving in the right direction.  Yesterday I struggled my way to QBABM again! I was so happy to finally see wryly.  Ugh!! I remembered wildwood this time because our previous discussion about thinking it was a proper name from down the shore.

I also got clownfish-hazy.  Congrats on yours today, ciao_yall!

Got the crosswords done but I haven't started on LB or Wordle yet and haven't done much on the bee.  Should have some more time today, but we shall see. 

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBw2LL help to find my last word, dowdily.  Today I have all three pangrams and only two words to go, but I may eventually need help to find them, because they are hiding from me.

LB:  I also had clownfish-hazy, and today got a 2fer on my first try.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Three pangrams and above genius. Last word yesterday was dryly.

I'm paying the price for being out and about during the height of the allergy season.

Happy solving!