News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

At least I finally got to genius, but I am still missing a pangram.  You are so close, cathwen! Good luck! And congrats on your superquick 2fer!

Langue_doc, sorry to hear that the allergy monster caught up with you.  I have definitely been there.  I hope they clear up soon.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Three pangrams, fifteen words, and 100 points. Didn't get to finish the bee yesterday, but no regrets as I wouldn't have found at least a couple of the missing words.

blocking/gauche

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the three pangrams and past genius so far.  I missed a few yesterday, and we both missed some as well.  We would never have found ambulette! We couldn't even figure it out with the letters and clues.  Fail!

And a fail on LB as well.  I had some of the words in the schmofficial solution and in Langue_doc's (congrats!) but not their mates.  Argh! I tried.

Maybe today will be a better puzzle day!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with 2LL help to find bumblebee and bubba.  Today I'm at Beta with all three pangrams. 

LB:  This is another with several solutions!  Mine was chalking-globule, which I found on the first try.  I have a 2fer today also (but not found on the first try).

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwSBB - and a new word ambulette. LB chanking-globule so that's 2 for 2 on new words.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

I also had chalking, darnit.  I guess if I had persisted in just about any direction, I might have hit a mate.  But I did get one today.  Congrats on yours, cathwen!

And I only have one more dang word on the bee but just can't see it.  I will keep trying.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius, but that's it for today. Missed hiragana; I was surprised that ablaut wasn't accepted in a recent puzzle, but aargh was. So much for hand-curating words instead of relying on a reputable dictionary!

bewails/strumpet

I'm surprised that words that are derogatory to women are acceptable. So many vents this morning!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and to genius or thereabouts so far.  Yesterday we also failed to get hiragana, but that was the only one we were each missing, so I don't feel too badly.  Sorry for saying argh in my post yesterday morning, but I hadn't gotten to aargh yet in the puzzle.

For LB I got timewarps-sublime.  Congrats on yours, Langue_doc! I haven't heard strumpet in a while.  Both different from the schmofficial one!

Just saw that I did not finish the medium sudoku yesterday.  Oops! Add that to the list.  At least I have crosswords and Wordle done.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH - had a bit of a spoiler so found hirigana but then needed hints for the 3 pa words pariah, paragraph, paragraphing. 3fers and 2fers coming out of my ears, then got a hint from a friend for stumbler-ripsaw. Compounds always get me.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I was annoyed at aargh and hiragana yesterday, both of which I needed hints for.  Today I am at genius with one of the two pangrams. 

LB:  I had timewarps-slub.  No 2fer yet today!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer!

And congrats on your variation from yesterday, cathwen! Good luck today!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above genius, but that's it for today. Missed myelin (whatever that means), lenity, tinily, and a couple that I should have seen.

Ambulettes are quite common here in the city as these are the only accessible transportation services for the elderly and people in wheelchairs. Ambulettes have ramps that can lift/lower wheelchairs.

dysfunctions/slim (slum)

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday to find myelin (a guess) and lenity.  Today I'm at Alpha with both pangrams, only a few words left, but they are hiding from me.

LB:  I finally got the "official" 2fer yesterday:  mild-dysfunction.  I do not yet have one today. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

QB and a twofer, probably the official one.

ciao_yall

QBwH for lenity - new word! But how does anyone get QBABM? LB mild-dysfunctions.

Happy solving!