News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and genius. Last word yesterday was info.

chomp/partible

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find fifing, piffling. Today I am at genius with the pangram and have a way to go.

LB: I had chimp-protectable, a good combination! Jane Goodall would approve. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word folio. LB phlebotomic-crap, improbable-etch. Thought I made up phlebotomic but it took so hey!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I haven't really gotten started on the bee.  No pangrams! Boy.  I woke up late and had to hustle.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for fifing, fillip, and I also needed help with piffling.

For LB I got phlebotomic-crab, so close to ciao_yall's first one.  Congrats on all the solutions!

Husband is trying out new socks to possibly help with blisters, so I will report back if he has good info to share.  I think he said they are double layer and made by Wright, but he was running out the door as I was trying to grill him for info.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer!

And I finally got to genius plus but still have another pangram to go and a bunch of words left.  Criminy.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram yet. Needed BB for plena and napoleon.

sonic/complexity

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and past genius.  We needed bee buddy for a few words, sadly, including plena, napoleon but also bebop and some easy one.

For LB I had lexicons-symptom.  Variety already!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with substantial help from BB to find apnea, napoleon, paella, plena, and lollop, my last word.  I keep missing paella!.  Today I am at genius, but the pangram has so far eluded me. 

LB: I had yet another combo: complexities-spiny.  No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for napoleon. LB complexities-sync.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! Am I alone here?

QBwG, last word decoded. LB numeric-checkbox. I found checkbox pretty quickly but needed a hint for numeric.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

We were outside doing Merlin and puzzles.  I am past genius with the pangrams so far.  I almost forgot that I got QBABM yesterday just as we were about to compare! My final word was emceed, which I should have gotten earlier.

No luck on LB again.  Yuck.  I have a good contender today but am afraid it may be my downfall if I cannot find a mate or let go of it.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Not a great puzzle day yesterday! Hints gave me coyly, emcee/d, mollycoddle/d. Ab_grp, congratulations on QBABY!  Today am at genius with the pangrams.

As for LB, I also went to hints to find numeric-checkbox. No 2fer yet today. 

Happy puzzling!

ETA:  Just got a 2fer!

ciao_yall

Got a strange 2fer today but keeping it.

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and above genius earlier today. Resorted to BB for emcee, mollycoddle, and their past tense forms. I might have found the former pair, but for the life of me, wouldn't have come up with the latter yesterday, despite having come up with this word on my own in at least one previous puzzle.

Went on a hike this morning--chatted with people I've hiked with before and also people I met for the first time today.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Only 6 or 7 points left. Last words yesterday were believe and icicle.

Happy solving!