News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Boy howdy, I am having trouble waking up today.  I am almost to genius, but no pangrams yet.  Good luck, Langue_doc! Yesterday we had team QB.  I needed help with beeline, civil, clinic.

No luck on LB yet again.  Maybe today!

Glad you had a nice hike and got to chat with some folks, Langue_doc! I hope your blister is doing better.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Last words yesterday were libelee, incline. Today I have three words to go and am stuck.

LB: I had mortgager-relaunch. I was skeptical about mortgager, but it took.  No 2fer today yet, in spite of a number of good words.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Yesterday one of my Meetup groups known as a "Drinking Group with a Hiking Problem" decided to skip the hiking part and have a picnic yesterday afternoon. The weather was fabulous. Managed to drag husband along and he really had a nice time. All the ladies love him.

Team QB with a friend yesterday. Last word celli. LB changeout-tremolo.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB; missed cortado yesterday--no amount of prompting would have gotten me to the solution, so I'm glad I didn't try BB.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwBB help to find corolla, cortado, orator (last word).  Cortado was a wild guess based on the hint.  Today I have the pangram (which took me ages to find) and have three words to go.

LB: No solution yesterday—but I found one today.

Ciao_yall, that sounds like a fun group!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for dotard, cortado.  I should say that we also needed Google for the latter.  All the reader hints were about the same and provided no additional helpful info, so it is what it is. 

And I had no luck on LB yet again despite a lot of attempts.  Congrats on your 2fer today, cathwen! I will cross my fingers.

Ciao_yall, that group does sound like a lot of fun.  And I'm glad your husband enjoyed it as well!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for cortado, among others. LB needed hints for outwear-reactively.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got to QBABM and a 2fer! Yeah!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB; last word yesterday was mocha.

tombs/squelcher

Happy Fourth!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got up not too long ago, so just one pangram and not quite to genius yet.  Congrats on QB, Langue_doc! Yesterday my final word was cameo.  I was surprised to get QBABM because it wasn't looking promising earlier.

I got the same 2fer, tombs-squelcher.

Happy 4th of July!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I needed hints yesterday for coho, emcee. I should have remembered emcee because it was just in a recent puzzle.

LB: I also had tombs-squelcher. I have a 2fer today as well.

Happy puzzling, and happy Fourth!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG for coho, emcee - great minds think alike, cathwen! Got a nudge for retombs-squelch.

Quick 2fer today.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB despite a tricky pangram. Last word yesterday was tomcat. I just stumbled on diatomic and then diatom just before the last word.

conformist/thump

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not yet to genius, and no pangram.  Tomcat was our final word as well, but we needed bee buddy for it! It took me a while to find diatomic.  I saw it while taking a break during exercising, luckily.  Husband got that one first but is more science-oriented, I guess.

For LB, I finally made frustum-microphonic work.  Congrats on yours, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBABM yesterday; last word dotcom. Today I have three words to go, one of which is the pangram. 

LB: Yet another solution: compositors-sunfish. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!