News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on July 08, 2023, 10:08:35 AMOops I realized I congratulated ciao_yall instead of cathwen in my earlier post.  Sorry about that! But congrats on your 2fers yesterday and today as well, ciao_yall!

Funny that we all had trouble with wangling.  I did not think that was a word.  I'm sure Sam is getting some grief about it.

Agreed. I just guessed it when I saw I was missing two wa- words. I kept thinking wrangling.

Just found the pan so now I am QB-2 with Grid. Trying not to go to the 2LL.

ciao_yall

QBw2LL and a wild guess at the last word.

ab_grp

Managed to get to QBABM and get a 2fer again!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius or a bit past with pangrams so far.  Yesterday got to QBABM with final word hamate (guess).

For LB I got the schmofficial gaucho-overdrive.  I have some good contenders today but nothing yet.  I do have a ship.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word hematite which was a wild guess. LB tougher-recuperative.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB with SBB hints to find theta, mahimahi, hamate. Ab_grp, congratulations on your QBABY!  Today I am at genius with both pangrams, but a good way to go until QB. 

LB: I had gauche-evaporative. Lots of variety!  I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB. Missed hamate yesterday.

Twofer, also twofer yesterday which I wrote down somewhere--not the official one though.

Happy solving!

I think it was tougher/recuperative.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last words were detect, detected.

dampener/requotes

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Getting toward genius with the pangram at the moment.  Seems to be taking a bit! Yesterday I had a long call in the afternoon but probably would not have gotten to QB anyway, so hats off to you, Langue_doc! We needed bee buddy for several words.  Ugh!

Yesterday I finally got a 2fer with tampers-squadron after ships of several kinds like sequestered~tampon.  Congrats on yours, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last words incident, incidence. LB quoted-dampeners.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwSBB to find deice/d, eidetic. Today I am at genius with the pangram, four words to go.

LB: I had unrequest-tamponed, then found dampener-requotes. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Wow, lots of 2fer variation! And two for cathwen! Congrats!

I did a search but didn't come up with anything.  Do any of you do cryptic crosswords? I feel like that topic or something similar was mentioned at some point, but maybe not.  Pal on call yesterday told me she enjoys those, so I thought I'd see if anyone has a good source for interactive online puzzles.  If not, I'll just google around some more.  I have tried them in the past and found them to be very difficult.  She said they are for her, too, but she feels good when she can figure out any of the answers! She still gets Games magazine (or whatever it's called these days), and they have an app, but it's not interactive! Even the puzzles on the website have to be printed out.  I would prefer to do something like the NYT app.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Last word yesterday was rotatory.

jankiest/tuxedo; found the latter first and then tried junkiest which was rejected, and finally jankiest just for the heck of it which was accepted much to my surprise. Tried junkies, which reminded me of certain threads, so quickly retreated from that avenue.

Thanks, ab_grp. As for the cryptic crosswords, I think I've seen the links when I'm on the games page, but don't recall seeing a discussion here. What with the new games (short and sweet) and the readings for my book groups, I don't have much time for additional puzzling. I keep losing my crossword streaks, and will probably lose my streaks in other games when I'm traveling next week.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Getting to genius, and I do have the pangram.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for toothy.

Congrats on your 2fer, Langue_doc! I was so close.  I thought about janky and words ending in -est and had tuxedo.  Ugh!! That was a tough one.

And I totally understand having only so much you can fit in, puzzle-wise.  Especially if you will be traveling!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBWATHICG which finally involved reading the dictionary to discover hortatory. LB jankiest-tuxedo.

Errands today so I must be hortatory to myself to get showered and off on my way.

Happy solving!