News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

A rare QBABM yesterday, last word nylon. Today I am at genius with the pangram with a few words to go.

LB: I also had harboring-getaway. I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram (second word) and well above genius. QB yesterday--remembered venule from an earlier puzzle, but found a couple of -ly ending words only by indiscriminately attaching the suffix.

browbeat/thingy; harboring/gateway (getaway)

Stay cool!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for nouvelle. LB beignet-throwaway.

QB-3 and quick 2fer today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB for pizzazz, pizazz. LB grief-fabulation.

Hiking group today through the City.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

About 30 or so points left today. QB yesterday.

negotiator/refutable; unfair/renegotiable (why do these remind me of certain emails?)

Twofer today.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius with the pangrams so far.  At least one possibility was not been accepted, though! Yesterday I got to QBABM! Last word was tippet.

For LB I had forget-tribulation.  Congrats on your solutions, ciao_yall and Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ETA: Had to update pangrams.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwSBB to find pepita, pizazz. Darn those alternate spellings! Today I'm beyond genius with all three pangrams. Congratulations on QBABY, ab_grp!

LB: I had abrogation-noteful. I did not think the second word was even a word and was surprised when it took. No 2fer today yet, though.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Not a great puzzle day yesterday, but I did hike 8 miles so that took up some time.

QBwH for commode. I hate when I miss the easy ones. LB I was stuck with a 2fer b4ss shackle-expedite, expedites-shackle before looking at the hints and realizing I could have done hackle-expedites.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram so far.  Yesterday I tried to get to QBABM but missed dotcom, medico.  I think I miss the former fairly often, and I thought of the latter but figured it was Spanish brain so didn't try it.  At least we had team QB again.

For LB I got hackle-expedites right before bed.  I had also just tried expedites- and realized shackle didn't work and got disappointed but luckily saw the correct solution before restarting it.  Took quite a few tries all day to finally get it!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Just a couple of words left. Made it to QB yesterday--took me quite awhile to remember dietetic.

hackle/expedites as well.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH yesterday to find dotcom, mimetic, titmice. Today I have only a few words to go, but no pangram yet!

LB: Not a good day yesterday—-no 2fer! Congratulations to everyone else! No 2fer today yet, either. Argh!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good bee luck to you both for your final words, Langue_doc and cathwen! Cathwen, I'm sure you will see the pangram soon.  And I hope you get your 2fer today.

Ciao_yall, I hope you enjoyed your hike!

Langue_doc

Thanks, ab_grp. QB and a twofer.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I missed (p)hooey, and I don't think I would have stumbled upon them in finite time.  Ugh.  Congrats on your QB, Langue_doc!

And congrats on your 2fer as well! I would never have gotten the schmofficial solution.  I have never heard of oxlip, as far as I can recall.  I did try oxtail but thought luxuriate would be the ticket.  Not for me.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--words we've seen before. Last word yesterday was happen.

I wouldn't have thought of oxlip, although I did try oxtail. I found the prosaic parochial/luxuriate.

Happy solving!