News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH; last words were also litchi and oilcloth. I have clawed my way to genius with the pangram in today's puzzle, but may not get much further because this may be a busy day.

LB: backpacking-glove. No 2fer yet today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with pangram so far.  We needed bee buddy for litchi, which we were both spelling wrong, and litho, chai.

For LB I had capable-evoking.  Congrats on all your solutions (and two for ciao_yall)! And that's a good one from the day before, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Missed the weird word starting with c-.

brows/stimulant

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I think I needed canteen, emcee, cetacean, panacea.  I feel like the last word was in the crossword yesterday or not too long ago!

For LB I got the schmofficial blown-nasturtium, but I'm so dismayed that it's schmofficial! I was so proud of myself for the latter.  Dang it!! Oh well, I guess I should be happy to have a solution.  And congrats on yours, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word cancan. LB blown-nasturtium and a quick 2fer this morning.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. How am I supposed to find more words today? Last word was bootie, a word I don't see until the end.

freckling/gelidity

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams and a bit more.  I think I have three words left and hope to find them later.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for geoid.  I think I needed husband help for iodide, dogie.

For LB I had freckling-giftedly, so a little variation.  Congrats, Langue_doc!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I didn't get very far on either SB or LB yesterday, between two appointments and then snoozing to make up for a bad night. So congratulations to everyone else for finishing SB and finding pairs for LB!

Today I am beyond genius with both pangrams; three words to go, but I can't imagine what they can be. Hoping for flashes of inspiration.

No 2fer yet today, none yesterday.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QbwH for geoid. LB freckled-dignity.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius but just one pangram so far.  I almost forgot I got to QBABM yesterday! Last word was cultic, which was a total guess.  Husband says that word got us before.

No luck on LB!

Cathwen, I hope you've been able to catch up on rest!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwG, last word tutti. LB quakier-rightful and a quick 2fer today.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday with help to find tutti and cultic. So far today, I have both pangrams (took me an age to find the second one) and a little way to go.

LB: I am bonking my head with a giant dictionary! I had both quakier and rightful, but did not put them together! So no 2fer for me yesterday.  I have one today, though.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangram and genius. QB yesterday. Long day so far, so will update later.

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwATHICG for paratha. LB abridges-showy.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find paradrop. Today I am at genius with the pangram, but have a long way to go. How far I get is questionable, since we're leaving today for what I call our Grand Western Adventure (Colorado to Arizona, visiting brothers-in-law and several national parks on the way.)

LB: I had harborages-sideways. I was stunned when the first word was accepted, but I don't argue with the LB gods. I found a 2fer this morning.

Happy puzzling!