News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

QBw2LLH to find my two last words, hubbub and dumdum. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, with only a few words to go. Hoping for inspiration!

LB: I first had judger-rhythmist, then saw rhythm-misjudge. I have a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word dumdum. I did go to SBB because I like to see if the words I am missing are unusual on their tally, but I didn't use any of their suggestions or hints. So not sure how that counts.

LB rhythm-misjudge.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not yet to genius and neither pangram yet.  Husband got them, but it took him a bit.  Hopefully inspiration will strike me! Yesterday I got to QBABM.  Somehow my final word was dull.

I also got judgers-smithy for LB.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word cioppino. LB got a hint for forbearing-getup. New word! I tried forebear b4ss.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning! (barely)

A bit past genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday I finally got both pangrams and got close to QB, but no dice.  We didn't have team QB, either.  We were both missing mochi.

And no luck on LB, either!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

QB. QB yesterday, but needed BB for monophonic and cioppino.

forbearing/getup

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QB yesterday with help for honcho, mimic, and nincompoop, my last word. I got mochi completely by accident! I never would have thought of it otherwise. Pangram and beyond genius today.

LB: I also had forbearing-getup. No luck yet today.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Almost QB. Last word yesterday was hellhole.

I know I found a twofer, but can't remember what it was.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwSBB, last word hogan. LB got a hint for paves-snowmobile. Darn compounds always get me.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwSBB, last word gonna. Today I'm beyond genius with the pangram, a few more words to go.

LB: vapes-snowmobile, found with a hint. Today's LB has me totally flummoxed, so no 2fer yet.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we ended up needing help with a few words, including hellhole, galleon, longan.

I actually got the schmofficial 2fer yesterday! But I am kind of surprised that it ended up being vapes instead of paves (and that the latter didn't occur to me at all).  I have some ideas today, but lots of tough letters.  Hopefully something obvious pops out.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH - last word cancan. LB - ended up getting a hint for psychology-yakuza and learned a new word.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we had team QB.  I was missing cancan, cetacean.

I got the schmoffical psychology-yakuza but think we might have had that one before (at least the latter word, because I remember thinking it was a proper noun at the time). 

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB. Needed BB for cetacean.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH for last two words, cetacean and cayenne. Today I'm at genius with the pangram.

LB: psychology-yakuza. I only got the last word because scenes from Hawaii Five-O popped into my head. The yakuza (Yakuza?) figure in many of the episodes. Like ab_grp, I thought it was a proper noun. Another word for my Bee list!

Happy puzzling!