News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Almost to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we were both missing ecotage and each needed a few from the other. My list definitely included geotag.

For LB I had altogether-reviews.

You're welcome, Langue_doc! I tried it as well and thought it was an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it will catch on or if I will play it every day if so.  It's more like a Connections kind of game, in that it takes very little time and can obviously be completed.  I mean LB can be completed but may take more time (and you may get a different 2fer), same as Wordle (though both can be quick as well).  With the bee, unless you look at the stats you won't know how many words or points to aim for or how many pangrams.  That it kind of requires you to figure out how to interpret the theme and identify theme answers makes it a little more difficult (and will be more difficult if their categorization schemes are as loose and ridiculos as the ones in Connections sometimes are).  Anyway, guess we'll see how that one fares.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday, last words ecotage (a new one for me) and cognac. Today I'm at genius with the pangram.

LB: I had the "official" waterlogs-shiv. Lots of solutions this time! No 2fer yet today.

Thanks for the note about Strands, Langue_doc. I'll probably play it on a regular basis, but I agree that it's not as engaging as SB or LB. Or Digits, which I also miss.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH for ecotage, cognac. LB got a nudge for waterlogs-shiv.

Took a peek at Strands. Will try it later today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for, among others, mirror. /facepalm. LB got a nudge for flamenco-oblique.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram so far.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for idol.  ?!

My annual day continued with a fail on LB.  And then I also forgot to do the mini crossword and Strands.  Oh well!! And I lost in my trivia league.  Not a great start, but maybe the year will get better. ;-)

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBw1LH for diorama and midi, and a hint from SBB for midair, my last word. Today I'm at genius with the pangram, which took me way too long to find.

LB: I don't usually got to hints for LB, but I got exasperated yesterday and did so—to find flamenco-oblique. No 2fer yet today.

Happy "annual day," ab_grp!

And happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

QuoteMy annual day continued with a fail on LB.  And then I also forgot to do the mini crossword and Strands.  Oh well!! And I lost in my trivia league.  Not a great start, but maybe the year will get better. ;-)

Was that your birthday, ab_grp? If so, happy birthday! Wishing you successful and happy puzzling this year!

Genius and then the pangram. Last words were maim, mailroom.

I'm not too crazy about Strands, but thought that today's Connections was quite easy. I think I got a twofer--or was that the previous day? If I don't write things down, I promptly forget them, especially puzzle responses.

Have been mulling over friend's husband's demise. He was in the last stages of Parkinsons, so it was a release of sorts. I think he was ready to go. We had happy times, going to movies, watching movies at home, being taken out to dinner, etc. during my occasional visits.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above 200 points so far. Last word was levee.

globefish/hitmen

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word levee. Needed a nudge for fetish-hemoglobin but got a quick 2fer this morning.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius, but it was a bit of a struggle, so who knows.  I feel like my bee brain hasn't been working right recently.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for betel, lento.

No luck on LB again yesterday but got a quick 2fer today.

Thanks, cathwen and Langue_doc! Yes, it was my birthday.  I don't know why I think the puzzle gods should smile down on me more on that day, but they sure didn't! I guess if that's the worst I can say, then things are pretty fine.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday to fine blotto, levee, and tootle, my last word. Today I'm at QB—needed a nudge for that last word.

LB: I had the very improbable moblogs-stonefish. The first word, as you may have guessed, was one of those desperation guesses that left me wondering, what the heck is that, anyway? Apparently it's a web blog that originates from a mobile device. I'm glad to see that there were more sensible answers! Today I found a sensible pair rather quickly.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. QB, but needed help for kente, undetected.

Found a twofer this morning as soon as I looked at LB--probably the official one.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL, last word decedent. LB backwards-sleazy.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH yesterday for last word, kente. Genius with pangram so far today.

LB: I also had backwards-sleazy. Congratulations on a 2fer already, Langue_doc! I am still struggling.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Getting near genius but still no pangram.  Took husband a while to find it, so hopefully I'll get it eventually.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy for decedent, kente.

I also had the schmoffical backwards-sleazy.  Cathwen, I had never heard of moblogs!

Happy solving!