News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwH, turns out delayable is a word? Sounds like legalese, but whatever. LB cochlea-antiquity. And almost finished with Split Decisiions - the two long words are sticking me even though I have all the fillers, so maybe those are wrong.

Enjoy your Memorial Day!

cathwen

Good morning! 

I missed beady, deadeye, delayable, and dyad yesterday.  Today I am at Alpha with three words to go and thoroughly befuddled.

LB:  I did not find a solution yesterday, but found a 2fer quickly today.  I was looking for a mate to antiquity—so congratulations, ciao_yall, on finding it! 

Happy puzzling! 

Langue_doc

Morning!

Almost there with the bee. Last words yesterday were dyeable and alley.

Like cathwen, I had an unmated antiquity.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram but not much further.  We also needed assistance with delayable yesterday. 

Ugh, I got antiquity and could kind of see a mate but couldn't bring it into focus.  I just couldn't think of what word it was that I was trying to think of.  Congrats, ciao_yall! Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

I remembered to check my Duo status around 11:30 last night, a couple hours after the tournament ended.  Luckily, I was one of the winners, and it showed the screen of all my big accomplishments from the past few weeks in terms of lessons done, new words learned, and so forth.  My prize was double XP on lessons for the next half hour.  Yes, I will get right on that at nearly midnight after killing myself on lessons for several weeks.  ?!  And, they were happy to announce, the next tournament is in three weeks! I will certainly be waiting excitedly.  NOT! Well, at least I found out what was at the other end of the rainbow.  Mud. 

Happy solving!

On preview: Sorry you also got stuck mateless with antiquity, Langue_doc! And good luck getting across the bee finish line!

ab_grp

Yay! I finally got a 2fer after a lot of promising contenders.  Whew.

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on May 30, 2022, 11:44:34 AM
Yay! I finally got a 2fer after a lot of promising contenders.  Whew.

I have contenders coming out of my ears. Trying not to go to the hints site...

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Just a few more words left. Last word yesterday was booed.

As for LB, got stuck with validation and no partner.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I made QB, but needed hints for bombe and botnet.  I've missed both before.

Today I have five words left, but am running out of ideas.

LB:  I had the "official" multivitamin-nobody.  No 2fer yet today, though!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QbwH, mostly reminders (darn you, botnet) but a new spelling for bootee. LB multivitamin-nobody.

Langue-doc one of my first finds yesterday was the 3fer b4ss validation-numbly.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Just got started but I do have the pangram and am nearing genius, so hopefully things will continue to go well.  I needed assistance with botnet, bonnet, bootee, noob.

I also had the schmofficial solution, but that was after so many other promising contenders.  Some only left two or three letters, but I couldn't do anything with them.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Langue_doc

ab_grp

Congrats, cathwen and Langue_doc! I haven't had any luck yet.  I did finally get to genius, though.

Parasaurolophus

Got there in the end. GWP.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning! Almost there--I think I need only three or four words.

Last words yesterday were collar and cola.

blowback/kingdom

Happy solving!