Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

GWP plus one rejected pangram.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Langue_doc, I am so thankful for all the helpful videos on topics that I would never have expected would have required a video.  Thanks again!!

Parasaurolophus, I saw a complaint elsewhere about a potential pangram being rejected.  I haven't identified a second yet so will be interested to hear tomorrow.

Looks like I have 6 words to go on the bee and am not quite at alpha yet.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and 136 points so far.

Missed demit, tempi, and another word. SB didn't think that pediment was a real word. Now that would have put me above QB.

wholesome/emigrate

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH and new-ish words demit(ted), tempi. Crabby as well about pediment. LB was earthworms-sleigh. Also had a 3fer with interesting imagery given that I live near the Castro in San Francisco: growl-leather-rims.

Woke up last night - stuck at Amazing but did find a 2fer.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I had to get help to find impenitent, tempi, and temped (argh!) yesterday.  I am also annoyed about the rejection of pediment.  Parasaurolophus, was that the rejected pangram you meant?

LB:  I had girls-somewhat.  Then (playing around and neglecting my work) I found wormholes-stagiest and gloms-swarthier.  Lots of solutions this time!  Ciao_yall, that is an, er, interesting 3fer! 

Today I have both pangrams but am only just a little above genius.  As for LB, I have a 2fer; took me a while to find it.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams before switching over.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed help with tempi, impenitent.  I think there were 3 other words that I needed husband's help with.  I wouldn't have thought of pediment.

For LB, I finally got watertight-tremolos, so lots and lots of (nonschmofficial!) solutions! I don't think I saw any of the components of any of the 2fers mentioned here or the schmofficial one, despite having quite a lot of contenders that I thought were pretty good.  Congrats on another one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB soon after I posted earlier this morning. The second pangram was probably the most difficult word for me today.

Parasaurolophus

cathwen: pediment, yeah. Also midden.

Not quite GWP today, although there were so many rejected words that I'd be well into Beta, otherwise.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; last word yesterday was rabbi.

whacking/gentry

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QB, needed a hint for baba of all things.

LB yacht-twerking.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Airboat and rabbi were my last words yesterday.  Today I am at QB-2 and stumped.

LB:  I also had whacking-gentry.  No 2fer today yet! 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram.  There is another pangram that is not accepted, though I guess I can understand why.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but were missing a word that's in there today.  I would never have gotten airboat.

No luck on LB, so congrats on all your solutions!! I had some good ones, but no dice. 

I did something to strain my right thumb and am now getting an understanding of how important a thumb is (especially dominant hand) in everyday life.  It just hurts in a couple directions, but boy does that limit things and make some tasks a lot slower and more painful.  Hopefully it will get better in a day or two with some rest and coddling as much as possible.  I was just saying to husband a couple days ago that I wish I were ambidextrous (though, stupidly, this was mainly so I could do the bee or crossword with my left hand while brushing my teeth with my right... wow, what an important use case!), and he said I could train toward that, but I hadn't started yet.  I guess now's the time to try it out a bit.

Happy solving!   

Parasaurolophus

GWP.

Yesterday, it rejected 'abattoir'.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 15, 2022, 02:12:34 PM
Yesterday, it rejected 'abattoir'.

Yep!! Totally forgot about that.

Still no luck on LB and a way to go on the bee.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius. Forgot yesterday's last word, but remember that bolded wasn't accepted.

ab_grp, hope your thumb heals fast. It must be difficult to do even basic things with an injured thumb.

Off today on my long trip, so don't know if I'll have any time for puzzles (probably not) but will try to check in every day.

Happy solving!