News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

I'm about where Langue_doc is this morning—two words to go until QB.  I got to QB-1 yesterday, then went to letter hints to find griffin.  Ab_grp, congratulations on QBABY yesterday!

LB:  I also had roughs-seizable.  No 2fer yet today, despite many good words. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and to genius but am trying to save some puzzles for my doctor's appt.  Hopefully this one has wifi.  Yesterday my final words were frag(ging).  I really got lucky toward the end.

For LB, I got the circular schmofficial solution(s) globalizes-shrug-globalize.  Congrats on your 2fers, Langue_doc and cathwen!

Happy solving!

ETA: I forgot to mention that my husband has additional games in his app now.  In the middle of the screen where he and I see the spelling bee, he now also has Wordle (in-app), Vertex (web), and something else on the web that has a link there.  We were speculating about this the other day because I pointed out that my bee icon seemed to have moved to the left rather than still sitting in the center, and I wondered if they were going to add more puzzles to the app.  It would be nice to have LB included! I am not clear on why they don't.  Anyway, the app hasn't changed for me yet, but I wanted to mention it in case anyone else sees a change.

ciao_yall

QBwH for fifing, infringing which I should have gotten OMO but whatever, I get impatient. Not much success with yesterday's LB just a 2fer b4ss boughs-sleazier. And lots of 3fers.

Oh well, today is a new day!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and above 200 words, but that's it for today as I'm out of ideas.

Last word yesterday was mondo.

flowerpot/taxied, and then pixilated/direwolf

ab_grp, I've been getting all the games on my phone and kindle. The wordle and chess games are relatively recent, but the others--the two crosswords, LB, SB, Vertex, Tiles, and Sudokus have been there since I started my subscription. I start with the bee (in bed) and then work on Vertex while at my desk drinking coffee.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for mondo, minnow. LB just a 3fer but quite a haiku - sounds like a posh party gone a bit wild: aperitif-flowed-dox.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not nearly to genius yet, and I think I still have a pangram yet to go.  We did have team QB yesterday, but I was missing mondo as well.  Husband was missing his mind.  har har

No luck on LB! Great job on getting two 2fers, Langue_doc!! And that's a funny 3fer, ciao_yall.

Langue_doc, do you mean you see all the puzzles in the actual app on your phone/kindle? When I go to the NYT puzzle website (https://www.nytimes.com/puzzles) they are all there (crosswords, bee, LB, sudoku, tiles, vertex, wordle all on the main page, chess on its own page).  But in the actual app, I only get crosswords and the bee.  Husband now gets Wordle there, too.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Last words yesterday were idiom and minim. Today I have four words to go, but it has been/will be a hectic day, so I will probably seek hints later this afternoon.

LB:  I had the "official" flowerpot-taxied.  No 2fer yet today, though.  Congratulations on getting two, Langue_doc! 

Happy puzzling!

ETA:  Just got a 2fer!

Parasaurolophus

Three pangrams, but not quite done yet. I'll finish tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangrams and well above genius. Last word yesterday was nineteenth--took me a while to find it.

ab_grp, I think I have the NYT website on the kindle and phone, so probably that's what I've been using for the puzzles.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for a few oddball words chitin, hitchhike, kente, ketch. I always thought hitchhike was two words.

LB chemistry-yolk.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius and pangrams so far.  The crossword was super easy for a Thursday.  Yesterday we each had a couple words left, and neither of us had kente, so no team QB.  Had to look that one up (again?).

I got chemistry-yolk as well, and I definitely suspected it was schmofficial! It just popped out too easily and cleanly not to be.

Langue_doc, okay that could be it.  Thanks for checking.  I did get Wordle today in my app, but I don't have the other icons linking to the web that my husband has yet. 

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Quote from: Langue_doc on August 25, 2022, 06:28:14 AM
Good morning!

Pangrams and well above genius. Last word yesterday was nineteenth--took me a while to find it.

ab_grp, I think I have the NYT website on the kindle and phone, so probably that's what I've been using for the puzzles.

Happy solving!

I have the link to the website, rather than the app. LB doesn't show up on the app, rrom what I hear.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH yesterday to find tiki, hitchhike, and kente

QBABM today, thanks to a lucky guess for the last word!

LB:  I also had chemistry-yolk, which is the "official" answer.  I have a 2fer today, too.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Thanks, ciao_yall!

Cathwen, congrats on our QBABY and 2fer and on your 2fer yesterday!

I still have a couple words on the bee and have come close to a 2fer today, but nothing yet.

Parasaurolophus

Finished yesterday's, fell short again today.
I know it's a genus.