News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Congrats on all your 2fers and on another today, cathwen! And on your QBABY! Good luck with your final words today! I just got a 2fer but haven't gotten back to the bee yet.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 28, 2022, 09:23:32 PM
Failed today.

Ain't no such thing as "failed" with respect to the games. These are, after all, only games, some of which are designed to trick the players so that the person who came up with the puzzles can pat him/herself on the back and say "how clever of me".

I'm glad that I didn't pursue the bee after posting here yesterday morning, because I wouldn't have found the second pangram or a couple or more of the remaining words.

As for today, made it to above genius with two pangrams.

breathe/eulogize (I think)

Good morning and happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I second Langue_doc's statement that there are no failures.  Sometimes we get all the words, other times we are stymied.  Yesterday I fell three words short before resorting to hints to find heeltap, heptathlete, and—the second pangram which I would never have found on my own—phablet

Today promises to be worse.  I haven't even made genius yet (I'm at amazing) and I have only one of the pangrams.  Congratulations, Langue_doc, on having found the second!  I'm finding today's SB difficult.

LB was better.  Yesterday I found breathe-eulogize, and I have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling! 

ciao_yall

QBwATHICG - and learned new word heeltap.

LB - tougher-realizable.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangrams, finally.  Yesterday, we almost had team QB, but we were both missing phablet, which is a ridiculous "word" and can get right out of here.  I was also missing bathe, heeltap, theta.

For LB, I had the schmofficial trailblazer-rough, but I'll take it.  Congrats on your solutions and on another 2fer today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Finally got that second pangram and made genius! 

Congratulations on your 2fers, ab_grp and ciao_yall!  Lots of variety this time.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius, but that's it, I think, for today.

whiled/dormant, whirled/dominate

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for outdoor, gah. LB whaled-denominator.

Happy solving!

cathwen

QBwH for aurora, outdoor.  Today:  Genius with pangram. 

LB:  I had whirled-dominator.  I also found a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Haven't started puzzles yet since I have another dr appt and figure I will have time to sit around.  Yesterday we didn't have team QB, as we needed help for orotund again.   I also needed help with aurora, outdoor.

For LB, I also had whirled-dominate.  Congrats on your solutions and on another today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Probably schmofficial.

Parasaurolophus

Blah, fell well short.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. Didn't get back to the bee yesterday, but korma!?

basketry/young

Happy solving!