News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Congratulations on your 2fer, ciao_yall!  I am definitely not rocking on LB today.  I haven't been able to crack today's puzzle yet. 

SB:  I got to QB, but WATHICG:  Shunn and peeking at two definitions on Wordplay.  Ab_grp, congratulations on your QB without Shunn!

Langue_doc, what a coincidence that we have both lived in the same places at various times of our lives! 

ETA:  Finally found a 2fer!

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fers, ciao_yall and cathwen! Still no luck for me, but I am keeping at it.  Tough with some letters of interest on the same side.

And congrats on your QB, cathwen!

ciao_yall

Quote from: cathwen on July 30, 2021, 01:49:50 PM
Congratulations on your 2fer, ciao_yall!  I am definitely not rocking on LB today.  I haven't been able to crack today's puzzle yet. 

SB:  I got to QB, but WATHICG:  Shunn and peeking at two definitions on Wordplay.  Ab_grp, congratulations on your QB without Shunn!

Langue_doc, what a coincidence that we have both lived in the same places at various times of our lives! 

ETA:  Finally found a 2fer!

Wonder if it's the same 2fer?

I was at QB - 4, got 3 nudges from Shunn's 2 letter grid then hit the definitions. /headsmack

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB yesterday; pangram and genius today.

Easy two-fer on my second attempt--familiar words.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning! 

SB:  Genius, but no pangram yet.

LB:  Yesterday I had zodiac-chutney, which was the "official" solution.  I have a 2fer today, but it didn't come as easily as it did for Langue_doc!  It was far from my second try.

Ciao_yall, I know what you mean about definitions, then headsmack.  Me too.... Sigh.... And I have a feeling that today will be another Shunn day, but I will try to rein in my impatience.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

Yesterday - last word was the pangram polygonal and LB was zodiac-chutney as well.

Haven't looked at today's yet but about to pour the coffee and check it out.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Argh, I just calculated and am at 89+% with pangram.  Well, maybe next break! I did get to GN4L, but it was tougher today.  I think nylon was my final word yesterday.  Congrats on your QBs yesterday!

And congrats on those 2fers yesterday.  I didn't get anywhere near the solution and had a few contenders, but none that seemed to use up the right letters.  Congrats on already getting solutions today, Langue_doc and cathwen! Hopefully I will have luck later on.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

We got down to one or two words each and compared first letter, finding that we had team QB.  We each found out words, so no Shunn, but impure.  Hope everyone else is having some luck!

ab_grp

Here I am again.  Got a 2fer! And finally finished sudokus.  The medium one gave me some trouble because I didn't see something I shouldn't have seen.  Well, made it before the changeover, at least!

cathwen

Finally got to QB, but with Shunn's help. 

Congratulations on your 2fer, ab_grp! 

ab_grp

Yay! Congrats on your QB, cathwen!

Langue_doc

Good morning! QB yesterday; pangram and genius so far.

capitalize/elbowed

Two-fer on my second attempt--I must be channeling cathwen.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

Genius with pangram, also a 2fer for LB.  Third try, though, not second—Langue_doc, you are on fire!

I also got capitalize-elbowed yesterday.

I'm running out of steam on SB—and will be out most of the day, so probably can kiss the thoughts of QB good-bye. 

Happy puzzling, everyone!

Parasaurolophus

Squeaked in to genius yesterday. Now to try my hand at today's.
I know it's a genus.

OneMoreYear

A quick 2fer today for LB. I look forward to seeing everyone's 2fers tomorrow.

Got the pangram, but no where near QB yet, and that's all the time for wordplay for today, as summer grades are due soon.