News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Got to Alpha but still have 3 words left, two of which are long.  But I got a 2fer on my first try!

Langue_doc

ab_grp

My 2fer was pretty lopsided.  Maybe if I have time I'll try for another.  Congrats on yours, Langue_doc!

Finally got to impure QB after needing help with the final two words.  Yuck!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and amazing so far. It's one of those blah puzzles where it's the word count that matters, and not the challenge or the difficulty levels.

Missed arhat, but found the compounds early into the puzzle. I think hortatory was the last word.

prequalify/yob; yob?!! Tried it for the heck of it, and was quite surprised that it was accepted. I had qualifier first, but couldn't find a mate.

I don't think I have the time or the motivation to chase down the remaining words in the bee.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB yesterday, but with 2L hints for the last four words.  Ratatat was my last word!  I usually see that almost immediately!  I got arhat by consulting my list of odd Bee words.  Otherwise, it would never have occurred to me. Today I am at Alpha with five words to go. 

LB:  I had prober-requalify.  Langue_doc, I had never heard of yob before, either!  Apparently it is British slang for a "loutish, uncultured person," according to en.Wikipedia.org

No 2fer today as yet!  But the day is young.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GWP yesterday, missed the usual oddballs.

LB - 3fers only: requalify-yep-poboy, qualifier-ropy-yob so very close to Langue-doc and cathwen! I have used yob in the past as a plug word. Why didn't I see prequalify? Other 3fers, but my personal favorite was the Hugh Hefner inspired playful-liquor-robe.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I have four more words left today and am at Alpha, so we'll see.  I managed to get arhat earlier on after having been burned by it before.  We both needed help with arrowroot, and I swore I had tried thataway, but that ended up being my final word.

My LB was similar, but I got bop-prequalifyYob is an interesting new word! Guess none of us so far had the schmofficial one but some nice different solutions.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

GWP, 2fer and some b4ss and tight 3fers that might turn into additional 2fers.

ab_grp

Congrats on your 2fer and leads on other 2fers, ciao_yall! I have a couple good contenders, but nothing yet.

I did get to QBABM.  No really hard words, just took a bit.

ab_grp

Parasaurolophus

50 words but no pangram or genius yet. Geeze.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GWP, the usual achievement.

LB - type-exclusion so Sam and I are vibin'.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 10, 2021, 08:25:24 PM

Then the pangram will be suprisingly ironic.

ab_grp

Good morning!

One more dang word to QB... what is it?! Yesterday my final few were lede, lento, tweedle(d)

I had the same 2fer.  Any other solutions?

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: ciao_yall on November 11, 2021, 07:28:41 AM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 10, 2021, 08:25:24 PM

Then the pangram will be suprisingly ironic.

No kidding!

Easy genius and pangram for me today.
I know it's a genus.