News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

QBwH and new words photopic and pothook which I didn't know was a single word.

Also wombat-trickle pretty quickly this morning. Langue_doc good find on crabwalk! I wanted catwalk to work which gave me a Right Said Fred earworm all day.

ciao_yall

Quote from: ciao_yall on February 27, 2022, 08:00:19 AM
QBwH and new words photopic and pothook which I didn't know was a single word.

Also wombat-trickle pretty quickly this yesterday morning. Langue_doc good find on crabwalk! I wanted catwalk to work which gave me a Right Said Fred earworm all day.

Quick update to say I have Gw2Ps and a slightly messy 2fer.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Made it to GN4L with the pangrams, but I am dragging today for some reason.  Still working on the crossword.  Yesterday I think photopic, pothook were also at the end for me.

No luck on LB, so congrats on your solutions! And congrats on all your 2fers today! And to Langue_doc for two of them!

Shaping up to be another busy day, but I will try to do better at puzzling than yesterday!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Message from the bee this morning:
You reached the highest rank, with 40 words and 147 points.
You're on the up and up! You ranked higher than yesterday.

According to the same page, my performance yesterday:
May your reign last forever, Queen Bee!

The maximum score for yesterday's puzzle: 232; points for genius: 162

SB, math doesn't seem to be your strong point.

galumphs/strong, thongs/sugarplum, sugarplum/marathon

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

Beta with pangram this morning.  Yesterday, I got to QB with first letter hints for nohow and pogoing.

Congratulations on all those 2fers, Langue_doc!  Mine was strongarms-shlump.  I was surprised that the last one was accepted.

No 2fer yet today.  The letter set is rather challenging!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBw2LL. Did not know pinioning or nowhow were words. And, sugarplum-marathon.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not at genius yet but I do have the pangram.  We almost had team QB yesterday but were missing (ironically!) wino.  But I needed help with nohow (which I also don't recall being in there before, but husband thinks yes), and he needed woohoo.  When I got to genius yesterday I got the "You ranked higher than yesterday.  Congrats!" again.  I don't know who I'm being compared to in that statement, as it certainly was not myself.

No LB luck, so congrats on your solutions! Langue_doc, special congrats for your 2fer triplet!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Sadly, I am still not at genius yet but will try to get back to the bee.

But I did get a 2fer! WOO! After a promising start to the year in LB, I have not been having much success, so I am happy.

Langue_doc

Sorry to hear about the bee, ab_grp, but congrats on your two-fer.

I've had to give up on the bee, but did find a two-fer earlier today.

Parasaurolophus

Blah, I'm far from genius too.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; the bee keeps telling me that my scores are higher than yesterday's despite scoring lower.

Missed drib and biradial.

jeopardize/exams

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

QB-1, even with hints couldn't get biradial. And jeopardizes-sexism, jeopardize-exam.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I got to QB-2 yesterday, then found billiard and libido with hints.  Today I am also at QB-2 and trying very hard not to go to hints yet, but today is going to be topsy-turvy, so we'll see.

No 2fer yesterday!  However, I have one today. 

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Today is a much better bee day for me.  I have one word to go for QB, so fingers crossed.  I did end up getting to GN4L finally yesterday but ended up a good number of words short of QB.  I think biradial, railbird were final ones for me with help from husband.

My 2fer was same as one of ciao_yall's, jeopardizes-sexism.  Congrats on your 2fer today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB--familiar words all.