News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

June Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, June 01, 2024, 11:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 09, 2024, 07:40:07 AMToday, I'll finish that citation-hunting, and then do a bit more of the section writing up/cleaning up, though time will be tight.

Did that. Good progress. I should be done with this section in a couple of days, and then it's just annoying prep stuff for the press.
I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

Only 250 words this morning, but good ones, quite pleased with today's progress. Wishing everyone a productive start to the week!

Parasaurolophus

Plugging away at the section today, as time allows.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on June 01, 2024, 09:27:26 PMJune goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 (with colleagues) - we should be sending this off to a journal by the end of the month
  • Make progress on paper #2 (with colleague) - presenting at conference in June
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleague) - R&R due in June, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #4 (with colleague) - R&R due in early July, ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #5 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague) - it would be good to polish the chapters I wrote a couple of months ago, start another one, and fire a coal under my coauthor
  • Make progress on book #2 (solo) - hoping to receive contract soon

I'm getting the ball rolling on paper #4 today. This should be my area of focus for the next couple of weeks. The R&R is pretty brutal, with one reviewer totally trashing this first version (I guess the editor must have liked it, because a review like this would typically tank a submission). By my reading, we'll have to basically redo the whole paper. Fortunately this is more of a conceptual piece, so it does not require overhauling data analysis (as was the case for paper #3), but of course conceptual work has its own challenges and we're on a tight timeline.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 10, 2024, 07:48:50 AMPlugging away at the section today, as time allows.

Did a little, but not really much.

I did, however, get a very positive R&R for a paper today, after just a month under review! It's so nice when the turnaround is so quick.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Okay, well, I need to make good progress today.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

• Make progress on paper #1 (with colleagues) - we should be sending this off to a journal by the end of the month
  • Make progress on paper #3 (with colleague) - R&R due in June, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #4 (with colleague) - R&R due in early July, ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #5 (with colleagues) - presenting at conference in August
  • Make progress on book #1 (with colleague) - it would be good to polish the chapters I wrote a couple of months ago, start another one, and fire a coal under my coauthor

Continuing to chip away at paper #4 today.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 11, 2024, 07:55:05 AMOkay, well, I need to make good progress today.

I... think I'm done. Just have to deal with the annoying formatting stuff, of which I did some.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna try to get all my formatting done today.
I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

Finished proofing the second of five chapters for critical edition/ edited collection.

Sun_Worshiper

Paper #3 is off to the journal. Fingers crossed that we convert this one.

Today, I'll continue working on paper #4.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 12, 2024, 06:35:54 AMGonna try to get all my formatting done today.

It's mighty annoying, but I did everything except ensuring the citations are Chicago-friendly. That headache is reserved for tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hoping to clear T2 from my plate today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on June 13, 2024, 08:17:50 AMHoping to clear T2 from my plate today.

Almost there. One more hour converting my million billion endnotes, I think.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

More on paper #4 today. Making good progress and hopeful that I'll be done with my revisions next week - then my coauthor can take a crack at it.