Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

May Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 01, 2024, 10:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Yet another. Without end.

This month:

• Keep working on streamlining T1; it would be nice to get close to done, because it's sucking up too much time.
  • Referee report
  • Comments for acquaintance
  • Work on the new book
  • Email other co-translator about starting T4

Today: Just T1.
I know it's a genus.

Ancient Fellow

Here as May begins:

Sent off another communique to Wary Representative of Eminent Publisher regarding my proposal for Controversial Third Monograph. Expect this to be ongoing.

Finished the numbering of Critical Edition. This is really a critical edition of a text with edited collection of chapters providing context and analysis. Hopefully will wrap up in summer.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More on T1, will finish reading for my referee report.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 02, 2024, 10:59:52 AMMore on T1, will finish reading for my referee report.

Did a good chunk of the first, managed the second by the skin of my teeth.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

T1 work today, although I should probably start filling out the forms and stuff for T2, which should be back from the referee soon. Suppose I should sort out my one image permission, too (not hard, it's from the NPG).
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

May Goals
  • Finish writing chapter with coauthor due 5/31
  • Keep working on book manuscript due 8/1
  • Return to chapter with spouse, now accepted for special issue due 8/12

I did work a tiny bit on the book this week but I am so behind! My spouse and I submitted a chapter proposal to a special issue with our rejected (after revision) manuscript from last year and it got accepted! So now my spouse begrudgingly has to write with me again, ha!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 03, 2024, 09:52:50 AMT1 work today, although I should probably start filling out the forms and stuff for T2, which should be back from the referee soon. Suppose I should sort out my one image permission, too (not hard, it's from the NPG).

Did a chunk of T1, completed my forms for T2 (including cover and image selections, and my permissions).
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More T1ing today. I'd like to start writing up that referee report, too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 04, 2024, 08:47:49 AMMore T1ing today. I'd like to start writing up that referee report, too.

Did a chunk. The report will have to wait for tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

T1 and the report for real today. And hopefully a nap, too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 05, 2024, 09:20:43 AMT1 and the report for real today. And hopefully a nap, too.

Did my chunk, submitted the report, napped for 30 mins.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Just work on T1 when time permits.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on May 06, 2024, 08:20:22 AMJust work on T1 when time permits.

Made it through to the end of the chapter. I'm almost halfway done now, and catching fewer errors, which is nice.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Meetings are stealing most of the work day, so just T1ing today.
I know it's a genus.