News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Freeway Flier Support Thread

Started by mahagonny, March 06, 2020, 05:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

Quote from: mamselle on April 10, 2020, 02:49:01 PM
Maybe it's the first time the fliers have had a minute free to start a thread....

M.

A little history for perspective. I don't have the same education as everyone here, but I have a memory.

The old forum had an active thread called 'VAP Support Thread.' It also had part time faculty posters and lurkers. But it never had a thread called 'part timer support thread' or anything like it. It had plenty of discussion of the adjunct situation, and what one could imagine doing about it, and why it had already been talked to death with no solutions coming, but it did not have a place where part timers could congregate without being visited by gawkers posting invitations to quit, interrogations over long term plans, questions about one's judgment, etc. I see you enjoy taking a genteel approach to posting (although we have butted heads a few times...)...well and good. But if anyone wants to do those things here, I recommend the 'ignore user' option.
Sometimes things are just going on, and people are hanging out, and there's no need for someone who used to have your job to come around to tell you how things are.
Peace.