News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Coffee Poll

Started by evil_physics_witchcraft, March 26, 2022, 05:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

How do you drink your coffee? I drink 2 parts milk to 1 part coffee. :)

apl68

One vote for "Ewwwwww."
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Wahoo Redux

When we go out, I usually get cream.  But my wife stopped putting cream in her tea and coffee at home, so I stopped as well.  At home I drink it black...but I wonder if it is better with cream...
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Larimar

Lots of Splenda and non-dairy French vanilla coffee creamer. Thank goodness there are options for those of us with dietary restrictions!

secundem_artem

2 creams, no sugar.  OR a splash of one of those fancy schmancy salted caramel creamers I now see in the stores.

I've come to realize Starbucks is not really in the coffee business.  They sell mostly milk.  They just flavor it with coffee.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

downer

I've been using creamy oat milk.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

clean

I never acquired the taste for it. 

I have very recently fallen off the wagon and resumed the partaking of Dr Pepper, usually diet, sometimes not, (over Spring Break) but I had been, and will return to being caffeine free (as soon as I finish the stash I bought).

Before that, I had been making and drinking decaf tea
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

saffie

Usually with a touch of milk, no sugar, sometimes mixing in cocoa or cinnamon. Summertime I switch to making cold brew and have that iced with no milk.

dismalist

Black with sugar.

Why not in the poll? Vote[r] suppression! :-)
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

OneMoreYear

Quote from: secundem_artem on March 26, 2022, 06:59:17 AM
I've come to realize Starbucks is not really in the coffee business.  They sell mostly milk.  They just flavor it with coffee.

I drink my coffee black at home, as I'm aiming for a caffeine fix in the morning, not additional calories. But on the rare occasions we go to Starbucks, I order a mocha with whipped cream, and I'm fully aware that I'm ordering dessert.

downer

There's also the question of how you brew your coffee. I recently read that unfiltered coffee has more of the oils in it that can be bad for cholesterol levels. So I got put my French press away and got a single cup drip that uses filters.

I wish the coffee industry would sponsor more research on this though, because I do like using a French press.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

ciao_yall

Quote from: downer on March 26, 2022, 08:16:23 AM
There's also the question of how you brew your coffee. I recently read that unfiltered coffee has more of the oils in it that can be bad for cholesterol levels. So I got put my French press away and got a single cup drip that uses filters.

I wish the coffee industry would sponsor more research on this though, because I do like using a French press.

Since coffee has zero calories, and oil has 9 calories per gram, I wouldn't think that (1) there would be enough oil to make much difference; and (2) a typical home coffee filter would allow any oil molecules to slip right through.

The caffeine might be more of an issue for cholesterol, and a french press or filter don't affect that.

So, press away!

ciao_yall

In other coffee news, a friend of mine swears by this gizmo.

Here is the $300 version if you're posh.

mahagonny

Sometime in the 1990's a psychiatrist told me 'don't consume anything with caffeine in it.' Perhaps some time before I'm dead I'll try her advice.

downer

Quote from: ciao_yall on March 26, 2022, 08:26:25 AM
In other coffee news, a friend of mine swears by this gizmo.

Here is the $300 version if you're posh.

I have had used one of those. It is good for a quick and strong single cup. It is also good for disposing of the used coffee grounds.

Regarding the coffee oils: it is not the quantity of oil but that they contain diterpenes.
https://nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-10-48