News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Spring Break 2022 plans?

Started by clean, March 05, 2022, 06:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

Spring Break is getting closer! 

Do you have any plans?  Will you travel?  Will you research?

Will anyone engage in 'Spring Cleaning?' 

The bottom line is: Whatchya gonna do?
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

evil_physics_witchcraft

SO and I talked about getting some kind of major house project done over Break. We may try to sand and paint our garage door. We also want to do some light day trips just to relax a little.

sinenomine

This week is my Spring Break. Alas, I have meetings every day. But at least I can do them all from home, in comfy clothes.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

mahagonny

Why, I won't even notice I'm on break. Being only employed part-time you see, there's hardly any work or time involved in the first place.

mamselle

My private music students are in a couple of different school systems, and their breaks don't always align.

So it gets interesting. One has just taken off for a cruise (don't get me started, I don't know what their folks are thinking, either...) and the others don't break for another week yet.

Two others are in public school, and the adult students are parents of school-aged kids who sometimes have to re-set their schedules to meet their kids' needs.

So I have a slight decrease in a couple cases, and no change in others, one week, and then the reverse the next.

But that's fine. It's all more writing time.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Wahoo Redux

Finally finish that revise & resubmit.

Grade.

Go to art museum with wife.

Watch "Revenge of the Nerds" with my nephew. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

downer

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

histchick

Going on a short cruise, then a couple of days at Disney. 

clean

Please report back on the cruise and the Disney trip.  (Before Covid, I had an annual pass for Disney, but generally found that Fall was my preferred time as February through April were way too busy for me).

Prices are still up there for me, at least the last time I looked!  But I do hope that everyone has a great time!!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

histchick

Quote from: clean on March 06, 2022, 11:44:00 AM
Please report back on the cruise and the Disney trip.  (Before Covid, I had an annual pass for Disney, but generally found that Fall was my preferred time as February through April were way too busy for me).

Prices are still up there for me, at least the last time I looked!  But I do hope that everyone has a great time!!
We're passholders, and have been twice (for a longer trip in December and then again in February) in the past few months (first time back since February 2020).  So much of it now depends on how you roll.  A lot of folks don't like park reservations, Genie+, and the rising prices.  Others complain about rude guests, rude CMs, etc.  We didn't see any of that.  We did purchase Genie+ and made use of the Lightning Lanes most days.  For Festival of the Arts in February we just really walked around World Showcase and took in some of the attractions that few people do.  My husband doesn't ride coasters or anything that has a sharp drop (like Tower of Terror), though, so we're pretty boring park-goers. 

I will let you know about the cruise (and feel free to PM about Disney or the cruise if you like).  Our break isn't for a couple of weeks, and everyone is chomping at the bit to be done with the semester as it is. 

euro_trash

Putting together some ikea furniture

Mostly I'll be writing and planning my summer research and vacation
spork in 2014: "It's a woe-is-me echo chamber."

niceday in 2011: "Euro_trash is blinded by his love for Endnote"

I'm kind of a hippy, love nature and my kids, and am still a believer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3n4BPPaaoKc

Cheerful

Quote from: sinenomine on March 06, 2022, 05:35:02 AM
This week is my Spring Break. Alas, I have meetings every day. But at least I can do them all from home, in comfy clothes.

Every day of Spring Break?  It's the norm where you are to schedule meetings during Spring Break?  Glad that's not the norm where I work.

sinenomine

Quote from: Cheerful on March 06, 2022, 03:39:36 PM
Quote from: sinenomine on March 06, 2022, 05:35:02 AM

Every day of Spring Break?  It's the norm where you are to schedule meetings during Spring Break?  Glad that's not the norm where I work.

I got tossed into an interim Deanship in addition to my other work — all the duties, but no vacation time, sadly.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Harlow2

Climb the mountain ..... of grading. With some trips as incentives

Istiblennius

On the term system there is no Spring Break. There is a week in which you frantically grade Winter finals and prep for Spring courses. One of many many reasons I loathe the term system.