News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Administrators not sheltering in place

Started by dr_codex, June 02, 2020, 06:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dr_codex

So, SUNY's new(ish) Chancellor is moving on. Hello, OSU: https://nypost.com/2020/06/02/suny-chancellor-johnson-to-step-down-amid-pandemic-budget-woes/

Anybody else looking for a new gig during the current pandemic/recession/race riots/crisis in higher education?

<Editing to add: OSU is going to be no cakewalk, either. It already did some retrenchment in 2018, and more is on the way: https://news.osu.edu/covid-19-update-university-examining-budget-reduction-scenarios/.
back to the books.

mamselle

I'm being lazy, but which OSU? Ohio or Oklahoma (or Oregon)?

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

dr_codex

Ohio State. Lots of your folks there, no? <On edit, I see that most of the world calls it THE Ohio State University, at least since 1986. Man, I feel old.>
back to the books.

mamselle

Quote from: dr_codex on June 02, 2020, 06:32:47 PM
Ohio State. Lots of your folks there, no? <On edit, I see that most of the world calls it THE Ohio State University, at least since 1986. Man, I feel old.>

Yep, there were. 

My sibs have all moved elsewhere, as did I, but I still have friends and stay in touch with folks there.

I never included the definite article, though.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Vkw10

University of Texas at Austin's president announced he was moving on not long after shelter in place started. I forget where he went, just remember thinking that I was glad not to be dealing with change in president with all the other craziness.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

PI

I've wondered about these university administrators as well and how their personal lives might be affected by these moving around. Don't they have to buy and sell houses each time. What a pain. At least they get paid for these.

bento

Quote from: Vkw10 on June 02, 2020, 06:51:28 PM
University of Texas at Austin's president announced he was moving on not long after shelter in place started. I forget where he went, just remember thinking that I was glad not to be dealing with change in president with all the other craziness.

He's moving to the presidency at Emory.  There's an internal interim president: Jay Hartzell.

No doubt there will be another expensive national search with a search firm and all the trimmings.

dr_codex

Quote from: bento on June 03, 2020, 08:15:13 AM
Quote from: Vkw10 on June 02, 2020, 06:51:28 PM

He's moving to the presidency at Emory.  There's an internal interim president: Jay Hartzell.

No doubt there will be another expensive national search with a search firm and all the trimmings.

And the UT-Austin's Provost is moving to be President at SUNY Stony Brook. Wholesale change, it seems.
back to the books.

mamselle

quasihumanist

Quote from: mamselle on June 03, 2020, 04:25:33 PM
Musical endowed chairs.

M.

I wish we had musically endowed chairs instead.  Even better if they could sense your mood when you sat down and sing something appropriate.

dr_codex

back to the books.