News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Post your asides here

Started by aside, June 05, 2019, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

Quote from: Juvenal on March 09, 2022, 08:57:37 AM

I wonder why nearly everyone just takes the default typeface, when there is an easy choice of alternatives in both font and font size.

Because I like to yell at people, but from a distance.

jimbogumbo

If you're going to go for it, go for it!

mamselle

What fun!

WHEEE!!!

La-la-la!!!!
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

Life in 2022 liberal indoctrination centers college campuses, as they struggle nobly to maintain enrollment and graduation rates

'Why didn't you tell me sooner that the student thinks he's a chicken?'
'Well, I would have, but we needed the eggs.'

Juvenal

Quote from: mahagonny on March 11, 2022, 10:01:11 AM
Life in 2022 liberal indoctrination centers college campuses, as they struggle nobly to maintain enrollment and graduation rates

'Why didn't you tell me sooner that the student thinks he's a chicken?'
'Well, I would have, but we needed the eggs.'

And onward to the omelet.  Every part tastes about the same.  Just add some cheese.
Cranky septuagenarian

mahagonny

Then again, so is Memphis. And you can get killed there.

apl68

Isn't that the truth!  I was there overnight less than two months ago, and the driving is so crazily aggressive that I don't see how dozens of people aren't killed on their roads and streets every week.  Evidently traffic laws simply aren't enforced there.  It's not hard to get around in for a city of its size, but the traffic is truly scary.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Juvenal

Why is "General Academic Discussion" so empty?  No posts since the 10th.  Or am I missing something?
Cranky septuagenarian

mamselle

Quote from: apl68 on March 15, 2022, 07:22:01 AM
Isn't that the truth!  I was there overnight less than two months ago, and the driving is so crazily aggressive that I don't see how dozens of people aren't killed on their roads and streets every week.  Evidently traffic laws simply aren't enforced there.  It's not hard to get around in for a city of its size, but the traffic is truly scary.

Chuckles...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

Now is a good time to give away money, come to think of it. While it's still worth something.

Langue_doc

Ha! You haven't seen how people drive in NYC, have you? It's quite an experience. You get honked at for not running red lights, have large cars, vans, and trucks muscle their way in front of you, and people in the far right lane cut you off when making an illegal left turn without any warning or turn signals. I take my life in both hands when driving in the city.

aside

Quote from: Langue_doc on March 18, 2022, 04:26:52 PM

Ha! You haven't seen how people drive in NYC, have you? It's quite an experience. You get honked at for not running red lights, have large cars, vans, and trucks muscle their way in front of you, and people in the far right lane cut you off when making an illegal left turn without any warning or turn signals. I take my life in both hands when driving in the city.
Yes, but are they going 80 mph?

Langue_doc

Quote from: aside on March 18, 2022, 08:31:47 PM
Quote from: Langue_doc on March 18, 2022, 04:26:52 PM

Yes, but are they going 80 mph?

40-50 miles in a 20-25 speed limit zone. There's a school on this route so us locals know about the speed cameras. I was once T-boned by a car making an illegal left turn. The driver was quite upset because he thought that I should have anticipated his left turn and let him through. I bought that car on a Monday and was T-boned on Friday of the same week.

jimbogumbo

Don't hate me apl68: I am a juvenile. Disclaimer: active church member, long time choir member (probably where the following comes from). We donate 10% of net yearly.

"... until they run out of Peter's"

I'm going straight to Hell after I'm composted.

mahagonny

For example, my wife has a pet name for me: idiot.