News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Aww, poor FelFellow!

Any baby kitty updates, while you're at it?

;--》

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

AmLitHist

Baby kits are growing like weeds. Both are about 4x their size at birth, about 17 days ago.  Waffles is a good mama cat.

Here in town, Fela and Little Cat are confused and concerned with my post-surgery hugely wrapped foot. They're taking shifts sitting in the living room and watching me doze in my recliner.

Larimar

Aww, how sweet to be able to see a mother cat raise her kittens.

Hope your recovery is going well, ALH.

Harlow2

Seconding Mamselle's wishes for a good recovery.

I just found Ulysses furiously licking a peanut butter jar whose lid I had forgotten to attach. I did not know cats liked peanut butter.

AmLitHist

Recovery is OK so far, thanks for asking (which is to say, I'm being a PitA patient and already bored out of my mind with sitting and t.v. and crocheting, after only 3 days. I have a knee roller thingy, which is a lot less fun than it looks). 

I don't know if our two like peanut butter, but Little Cat has a thing for French onion dip (the kind made with a tub of sour cream and an envelope of Lipton soup).  ALHS put some on a plate with his chips and sandwiches, put the tub back in the fridge, and turned around to see LC lapping away, with sour cream all over her whiskers.

I know cats aren't supposed to have onions, but she was fine afterward, which reminds me that dogs aren't supposed to have onions, chocolate, and other things.  Of course, our late little terrier Max found and devoured one of those huge (12 oz.?) Hershey bars within about 15 minutes, and his only ill effect was a burp or two (and lived another happy 10 years). Maybe we have animals with cast-iron stomachs?

The kittens are growing, and their eyes are open!

mamselle

Awww, little blinky-eyed kitties...tiny scritches from me...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

Any word from Small Clean Rat and her 2 kitties? 

Has she trained them, (or they trained her and her hubby) to do any more tricks?)
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

mamselle

I was just wondering about them as well.

Hope Maestro and Co. have things under control!

M.

apl68

My parents' cat, which they adopted as a kitten before Christmas, has unexpectedly proven useful:

The cat prowls around
Leaving the kitchen littered
With bug carcasses
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Larimar

evil_physics_witchcraft

Whooo weeeee! We're sitting on the couch with the cats (watching Netflix) and someone (I'm thinking feline) ripped something nasty! P U!

clean

I stopped at a gas station on the way home from a long trip.  I was about 150 miles from home, at a Buc-ees!  IF any of you dont know Bucc-ees, you are in for a treat when one is on your travel route!

I gassed up. They have like 50 or more pumps!! many people gas up, but leave their car parked at the pump and go inside.  I didnt. I moved the car to the side near the grass dog walk area.

I went in, did my business, which included getting a drink!  When I returned to my car I heard quite a racket.  I thought it was a bird and looked to see what kind. Instead I saw a tiny kitten. 
At first, I thought, "let nature take its course", but it was so damn hot.  I got in the car and started it, but I thought, "this will haunt you later".  So (in a move similar to Star Wars when Darth Vader grabs the Emperor and throws him to the core)  I got out, grabbed the kitty and headed out.  It was 101 at the time, and it was in the sun, near the parking lot, with no sign of anything or anyone else.  It was panting hard, so I put it in a baseball cap and on the seat.  I figured that it probably would not live to make it home, but if it died, at least it was more comfortable.

Well, it is not dead yet! When I got home, I went to Petsmart and got $35 worth of droppers, bottles and kitty formula (premixed).

The little kitty looks to be just 3 weeks old tops.  Its eyes are open, but its ears dont have form. It has a bouncy head and can toddle, but not really walk.

It wants to find a nipple, but does not like the formula, or the bottle and hates the dropper. 

I used 1/4 of the can of formula, and I am wearing most of it! 

If it survives the night, I will call the local no kill cat shelter to see if they have fosters available. 

I didnt even want to tell my bride about it, but she called when the kitty was screaming at me, so I told her what i did. She was excited, "You got us a cat?!!"  .... NO!!  If it survives the night, it is going to a foster who can feed it! 

At the moment, she is with her parents in Houston as her dad is undergoing cancer treatment.  She wont be home before Friday, so Im just not able to keep up with a weeks old kitten that wont cooperate in its feeding!

At the moment, I put a few towles in the bathtub.  It can not get out of that!  Ill try to feed it again tonight, and then tomorrow morning.  Then I have some doctor's appointments myself and Ill get it to the shelter by lunch.
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Puget

You're doing a good thing clean, good luck to you and the kitten!
"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

mamselle

Awwwww....very good to hear.

Tiny scritches from me.

M.

Larimar

Quote from: Puget on June 27, 2022, 07:21:00 PM
You're doing a good thing clean, good luck to you and the kitten!

Quote from: mamselle on June 27, 2022, 09:30:32 PM
Awwwww....very good to hear.

Tiny scritches from me.

M.

+1!