News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Herd your cats here

Started by eigen, May 17, 2019, 02:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

All good thoughts to you and your hubby. Glad to know that he has a cat-caregiver on the scene to help you with the important tasks.

And it sounds like little Ricochet is still progressing....coming out a wormhole, even just to sniff at someone else's food, and even if only to return therein, counts for something!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Larimar

Quote from: mamselle on October 05, 2021, 01:06:13 PM
All good thoughts to you and your hubby. Glad to know that he has a cat-caregiver on the scene to help you with the important tasks.

And it sounds like little Ricochet is still progressing....coming out a wormhole, even just to sniff at someone else's food, and even if only to return therein, counts for something!

M.

+1 to this. Fingers crossed for you, OneMoreYear.

Yesterday, the brand new (& expensive) kitty condo playground was the best thing ever to the Larimar cats.

Today, none of them have gone near it.

Cats.

If it weren't so funny, I'd be annoyed.

Larimar

mamselle

Well, you know...

They can't let you think it matters TOO much to them, can they?

They'll come back. They're probably just plotting what platforms belong to whom, and who they'll attack for the next round, and...

You know.

Thinking like cats....

;--》

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Larimar

You're probably right.   :)

statsgeek

Four years today since we lost our LittleGirl.  I'm completely in love with our (not so little anymore) Yin and Yang, and with our FosterFail girl, but it's still just not the same.  Still wondering if "they" are right that you only get one of those special pet bonds in a lifetime, but also glad I can appreciate our current crew for the unique personalities they are. 

Meanwhile, I left the house for 20 minutes the other day and got a picture from StatSpouse of Yin balanced up on top of the bedroom door!  And last night's NasCat races ran late and right through the bed.  Yang came running at the alarm this morning for his usual morning cuddles.  They really are constant entertainment. 

(Larimer - we covered our new tree with their towels for a few weeks until it started smelling "right" and now it's their favorite place again.) 

Volhiker78

Our two permanent residents,  Booboo and Lil'lil,  continue to act like N and S Korea to each other.   Each has their own territory of the house of approximately equal area. The family room in the middle is the DMZ.   There are occasionally chases and hissing within the DMZ but I've never seen them physically fight each other.  Mostly,  they just stare at each other from different heights. 

My daughter is temporarily fostering 2 kittens from the Humane Society in a separate bedroom.  This makes her cat, Booboo (N. Korea in my analogy) extremely jealous but she has never attacked any previous foster kitties. 

Good to hear news about everyone else's cats. 

the_geneticist

Quote from: statsgeek on October 06, 2021, 05:46:24 AM
Four years today since we lost our LittleGirl.  I'm completely in love with our (not so little anymore) Yin and Yang, and with our FosterFail girl, but it's still just not the same.  Still wondering if "they" are right that you only get one of those special pet bonds in a lifetime, but also glad I can appreciate our current crew for the unique personalities they are. 

Meanwhile, I left the house for 20 minutes the other day and got a picture from StatSpouse of Yin balanced up on top of the bedroom door!  And last night's NasCat races ran late and right through the bed.  Yang came running at the alarm this morning for his usual morning cuddles.  They really are constant entertainment. 

(Larimer - we covered our new tree with their towels for a few weeks until it started smelling "right" and now it's their favorite place again.)

It's been 4 years since my Buddycat died in his sleep.  Our current 3 are cute and playful and each have their own quirks, but it's just not the same.  They just don't love me in the way or depth Buddycat did.  I don't know if it's a just once in a lifetime or not, but some cats are just more special.

Harlow2

Like the previous posters, for me there has been one memorable cat, Previous Cat, about whom we continue to reminisce. She fetched, played with the American Eskimo dog's wispy tail, and loved to play chase games. Of our 5 cats she was the most marvelous fun. Ulysses is memorable and loves to connect, but only on her cat terms.

Got up a bit early to make the slightly spicy baked tofu I've been yearning for.  The tofu achieved a lovely crispy golden brown. No where to leave it in the kitchen to cool (and thinking surely Ulysses wouldn't like it), I placed it on the counter.  Upstairs I started work only to have a computer semi-meltdown.  Once I returned to the kitchen anticipating at least a respite from frustration, I found sweet Ulysses had sampled about a third of the tofu cubes, tossed a few on the floor, and then absconded, leaving traces of the olive oil coating on stove and counters. Now she is begging loudly for dinner.

apl68

A while ago I was outside dealing with ant mounds in the library's yard when I discovered a deceased black cat.  It appeared half-grown and seemed to have yielded up the ghost a day or two ago.  I found a spare cardboard box to rake it into and relocated it to the woods behind the library's property.  I'm glad that a certain staff member had a scheduled off day today.  She would have been very distressed if she had seen it.  Now she'll hopefully never have to know.

I wasn't an ornament to my day either.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

OneMoreYear

I am missing my FluffyGirl, my companion through grad school and postdoc who apparently thought cuddling with me was her purpose in life.  Ninja is hubby's cat, and Ricochet is not yet domesticated (maybe we should try fire?). I am tired and stressed and all I wanted to do is go to bed and cuddle with a cat. But I cannot because I need to get more done tonight and neither of the cats would offer to cuddle anyway. I love them for them, but I miss having a lapcat.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Youngest evil cat has been very bad today, according to SO. He said that she moved the gate in front of the TV with her paws and then jumped behind the TV TWICE. He basically had to use the jaws of life to extract her from the tiny space that is behind the TV cabinet.

She has spent the past 20 minutes hauling major ass around the room, leaping onto boxes, diving under cat beds and complaining- loudly.

I've been keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't try to access the forbidden space again.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: apl68 on October 06, 2021, 02:47:12 PM
A while ago I was outside dealing with ant mounds in the library's yard when I discovered a deceased black cat.  It appeared half-grown and seemed to have yielded up the ghost a day or two ago.  I found a spare cardboard box to rake it into and relocated it to the woods behind the library's property.  I'm glad that a certain staff member had a scheduled off day today.  She would have been very distressed if she had seen it.  Now she'll hopefully never have to know.

I wasn't an ornament to my day either.

That's always difficult. I'm sorry you had to deal with it.

mamselle

<<Got up a bit early to make the slightly spicy baked tofu I've been yearning for.  The tofu achieved a lovely crispy golden brown. No where to leave it in the kitchen to cool (and thinking surely Ulysses wouldn't like it), I placed it on the counter.  Upstairs I started work only to have a computer semi-meltdown.  Once I returned to the kitchen anticipating at least a respite from frustration, I found sweet Ulysses had sampled about a third of the tofu cubes, tossed a few on the floor, and then absconded, leaving traces of the olive oil coating on stove and counters. Now she is begging loudly for dinner.>>

Did she at least leave you a few cubes to sample, now that she's industrially tested the rest?

@apl68: Seconding the commiseration. Poor kitty, and I'm sorry you had to move it along, as well.

M.

AvidReader

Our back yard neighbors are having their roof replaced. They have a crew of six or seven workers who worked diligently yesterday from about 8 a.m. to well after dark. If Hestia even noticed, it was momentary. Artemis, on the other hand, is terrified of any stranger she can see, regardless of how far away the stranger is or how hard it would be for the stranger to reach her. She spent half of yesterday cowering under a bush in front of the house until we brought her indoors. Spouse and I were sipping coffee on the patio this morning, cats lounging contentedly at our feet, when the first roofer's emerged over the crest of the roof and our sweet Artemis compressed her fairly hefty body into the smallest shape she could make, then slunk back to the house and plastered herself against our door. Poor thing.

Once inside, she occasionally forgets about the danger and asks to go back out, only to retreat in terror (each time) when she sticks her nose out and sees the horrors anew.

AR.

apl68

The cat-loving staff member who was off duty yesterday while I dealt with the deceased feline at work is going on and on about cats up front even as I type.  SO glad she didn't have to see that dead cat!  Hoping that none of the staff members who do know about it slips up and comments about it.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.